A Marshmallow Christmas with Dino and Frank

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Jeff Westover

MHH Maintenance Dept.
Staff member
MHH Admin
Sep 7, 2009
Cache Valley, Utah
mymerrychristmas.com
It is hard to believe the clip below is about 50 years old. It shows a moment of Christmas on television like they never show any more. The annual Christmas variety show was a staple for nearly 30 years and all the big stars of music had such shows — Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Perry Como. Andy Williams was called Mr. Christmas because of his many Christmas albums and his annual show. Dean Martin, of course, had a regular show in the late 50s and early 60s and then did an annual Christmas show for years. He was, of course, a member of the Rat Pack and a dear friend of Frank Sinatra. That is part of what makes aRead more

More...

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Absolutely love Dean Martin!

scn

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Northeast PA
It is hard to believe the clip below is about 50 years old. It shows a moment of Christmas on television like they never show any more. The annual Christmas variety show was a staple for nearly 30 years and all the big stars of music had such shows — Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Perry Como. Andy Williams was called Mr. Christmas because of his many Christmas albums and his annual show. Dean Martin, of course, had a regular show in the late 50s and early 60s and then did an annual Christmas show for years. He was, of course, a member of the Rat Pack and a dear friend of Frank Sinatra. That is part of what makes aRead more

More...

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Is there anything like that anymore? We haven't had cable for a while so I've missed out on the holiday specials but I don't recall hearing about anything like the old Christmas specials.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
The closest thing I can recall seeing was a Christmas special - in the style of these old ones - done by Jessica Simpson when she and Nick Lahey were still married. It's probably on You Tube somewhere...