Gift closet 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
got another deal today at barnes and noble got some adult coloring books for adults marked down to 2.00 got a good start on my shopping

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I should think of colouring in books for gifts. Thanks for the suggestion.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
target had 90% off i bought valentine stuff for next year. bags cards hand towels little heart items. coudnt pass that up

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
When going through boxes of Easter items yesterday I found 3 Nivea lip balms that are now in my "gift closet" box! :) Will make nice stocking stuffers!

I hit Target post Valentine clearance too but it was pretty picked over. Got a little gold tin mailbox for DS's Easter basket - I'll fill it with funny notes, jokes, etc. and a package of gift tags. They were $0.10 each! :)

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Hehe .. While cleaning out the trunk of my car the other day I found a socks and winter gloves that I bought for my daughter for this past Christmas... OOPS. Well they will be used for this Christmas LOL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Hehe .. While cleaning out the trunk of my car the other day I found a socks and winter gloves that I bought for my daughter for this past Christmas... OOPS. Well they will be used for this Christmas LOL

That is so funny.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The summer stuff will start being markdown very soon here. It is a great time to stock up on things like sunblock, lip balms, hats, swimwear.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Back from the mall. Got some boxer and sleep shorts for DH. I got make up sponges and eyebrow brush for DD for in her stocking. I also got lovely body wash for 1/2 price at the store. The gift boxes are starting to look ok. Still a ways to go but not too bad for February.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Woo Hoo, I was able to finish up with 2 of the 4 grandchildren for this year, including Christmas. It was so funny. I showed up for dinner yesterday at my middle sons house (parents to the oldest and youngest grandchildren) and both kids had their lists at the ready. I have twelve people to buy for and their are 12 months in the year so I've divided it up to take care of one person each month. I buy this persons birthday, Easter, and Christmas gifts during that month to include stocking stuffers.

I was also able to finish the gift buying for the year with both of my parents. Parents are sooooo hard to buy for. I refuse to gift them money because they end up giving it to my youngest brother who refuses to be a productive member of society. They needed new flooring in one room as well as new tires on their Jeep so I bought both. I installed the new wood laminate floors and all of the baseboards and moldings this past week. I ordered the new tires and will bring their Jeep in tomorrow to have the new tires installed, rotated, balanced and aligned. I also had the air conditioner fixed in the Jeep since it went out a few weeks ago. I told them Happy Mothers & Fathers Day, Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday Mom & Dad and most importantly Merry Christmas.

DH took a browse in my "She Cave" this morning and opened a nice large cabinet that he was thinking of using to store his hunting stuff in and I turned on him like a rabid animal and told him that "THIS IS MY GIFT CABINET". He quickly found another place to store his hunting stuff.

4 Down and 8 to go.....................I'm on a roll.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wow! Ellen you are amazing! Love the gifts you gave your parents... very needed gifts.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Over the weekend I scored some gifts for the kids for Easter .. Found Skylanders starter pack with the portal for their xbox and some small legos sets at 5Below. Got a couple free bottles of nail polish for DD.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today I bought DD a large scented votive candle a a warm pj for her bday. Also found underwear for ds's bday and socks for dh's bday.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
News travels fast and the other two grandchildren had their Mom promptly send me their wish lists, complete with pictures and where the best deals were to be found on said items. LOL I finished with grandson #2 and almost finished with granddaughter. Wow, I'll beat my old record of finishing up by June 1st last year. I've put my non perishable and non food holiday prepping on hold to get this done while it's still fresh. I'll move those to June, July & August.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
my hallmark that is 3 min away is closing . im sad but they had alot of stuff that was 50 and 75% off. i got lots of gift bags and tissue paper. ibought some oraments for gifts. i got afake small christmas tree for my friend. i got a santa cookie jar and mug. i hope they dont close anymore of them . i have shopped there for many years. at christmas time.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Last night I got the younger kids some of the washrags that grow in the water---troll ones from Dollar Tree, today at Dollar General at lunch I got the younger kids some cards that are pizza scented for 50 cents. Pizza slices and you put sitckers on them that dress your pizza toppings and they are cards with envelopes and got some cupcake ones and then tonight at Dollar Tree I got some scarfs. Flowers on some and then stripes on others. 2 older nieces and beauty shop ladies will get some.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I have added a few things and made a list of a few more.
Im not sure of these are for Christmas or Luke's upcoming birthday but I have added:

Sydney Roosters (Our Football team) Coffee Cup
Reusable ice pack and reusable heat pack in the shape of footballs
Emoji Magnets
Formula One DVD
Kitchen timer in shape of a carrot (this is for me)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got dd a pair of sandals to add to her bday gift. April is a big month here. Birthdays of my 2 kids + Easter. Then in may only my brother (already bought!) and dh. March was sis, brother, 2 nephews