halloween 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Thanks for sharing the picture of the glove...I was just curious.
I think Halloween might not happen much around here after our storm...It's going to be pretty cold this year..and we may even have snow left on the ground. It's been A LONG time since we've had bad weather, but it happens. Some years it's sub zero and we have a foot of snow, other years we don't need coats and can sit out on the patio chit chatting and waiting for the kids. My husband will probably be lucky and have alot of Reese's to eat...lol
I only did the one yard blow up this year and with the winds it got loose and it's been to bad to get out there and hammer it down again. I'll see what happens, but it looks like I won't even have that lit up come Thursday night.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Halloween is tonight. Not sure if we will have any trick or treaters but I have a few things just in case. We live in a street with mainly older people so may not get any.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Some places are cancelling halloween tonight and putting it on nov. 1st because of heavy rains and Wind… haven't heard from our town yet

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We had a few kids through, mostly older kids/teenagers. They were all early, finished by 7pm.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hello, everyone.

We've had no trick or treaters. I bought candy at Target in Monroe today just in case. I went into work at 1:00. Most people were dressed in costumes. I had on just regular clothes. No one asked, but it they had, I was going to tell them I was an exhausted co-worker!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We got not quite 300 trick or treaters even though it rained heavily all evening.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Weather was just YUCK for trick or treating last night! But we managed! I carried a big umbrella and tried to get the kids to stay under it, lol

We went to a friend's neighborhood and DS went trick or treating with their little girl - they had a BLAST!!!

After a while I stayed with the kids while the others went back to get the car - we put the seats in back down, put the kids in, the tailgate up and an adult sitting between kids and the open back - then drove 5 miles an hour from house to house :) Then we were DONE! Back to friend's house for pizza they ordered and the apple cobbler I brought along - the kids watched Great Pumpkin, ate pizza and traded candy on a blanket spread in front of the TV for a picnic.

It was a great night!

We carved our pumpkin Wed night - roasted the seeds - DS lost interest quickly so I finished it up - watching Clue in the background :)

All in all, a successful Halloween! Looking forward to Thanksgiving now!!!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
no treat treaters we had rain and high winds last night. grandson was sick so didnt get to see him , disappointed halloween this year. all decorations come down tonite

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
After a while I stayed with the kids while the others went back to get the car - we put the seats in back down, put the kids in, the tailgate up and an adult sitting between kids and the open back - then drove 5 miles an hour from house to house :) Then we were DONE! Back to friend's house for pizza they ordered and the apple cobbler I brought along - the kids watched Great Pumpkin, ate pizza and traded candy on a blanket spread in front of the TV for a picnic.
This sounds perfect to me, what a great night.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I wrote up my Halloween notes and have them printed. Now to unpack the Halloween notebook. lol

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We got not quite 300 trick or treaters even though it rained heavily all evening.

WOW! That's a lot of people to begin with but then to still go out on a rainy night is impressive.

Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
no treat treaters we had rain and high winds last night. grandson was sick so didnt get to see him , disappointed halloween this year. all decorations come down tonite

Oh, I'm sorry to hear this. I know you were looking forward to it. :(

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I picked up my dd and her friends from school, had dinner and then got ready to go out. It had been raining all day. One mom bought 6 clear umbrellas and dropped them off for us. We had a break from rain for a couple of hours so we didn't need them but we brought them just in case. All in all, it was a good time.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I picked up my dd and her friends from school, had dinner and then got ready to go out. It had been raining all day. One mom bought 6 clear umbrellas and dropped them off for us. We had a break from rain for a couple of hours so we didn't need them but we brought them just in case. All in all, it was a good time.
It was good of the mum to bring the umbrellas. Glad you had a good night.