Crafters Challenge February 16th---22nd, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Howdy Howdy!!!

Was nice to see all the suggestions on the last weeks thread to try to help each other!!!

I found a cute little easy crocheted butterfly video that I saved. Will decide whether to do any or not later on.

Kim, I am so sorry for your losses! Hugs and prayers!

Love hearing that some projects that have been in the works for awhile are getting done.

J, nice of you to think of your friend. Wish our library had nights like that. But a very small town and I just don't know if any would show.

Rose, I love ordering books from the library. I normally use to buy but when only 1 thing you like out of the book so much easier to borrow.

What is everybody working on this week?

Wishing you all a MERRY HAPPY crafting week!!!!!

Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Some of my finished projects ... After I finish my friend’s paw print scarf, I’ll work on the Darn Good Yarn subscription box DD got me. It’s a little draw string bag.

769BE9A0-D618-4E34-8F43-19EC571C6B66.jpeg

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
J, nice of you to think of your friend. Wish our library had nights like that. But a very small town and I just don't know if any would show.

Ask the library to put up a sign up sheet to see if anyone is interested. Even just two people can start others into being interested.

Reactions: Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
knitting and painting this week. I also need to undecorate valentine and put up St-Patrick's day... and make a st-Pat's gnome

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still working on knitted coat hangers for Mum. I have completed knitting 2. Would like to get them done for Mother's Day just in case I need them, if not then into the Christmas stash.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My quilt is all sandwiched and ready to be quilted. I don’t know if I’ll get it started tomorrow or not. I’ll be heading to the sewing center to register for the 3 day serger class and pick up some more serger thread. Then I’ll run to Joann’s and the quilt shop in Hudson.

I need to take down Valentine’s Day stuff too. I think I’ll move right into spring and Easter. I’m not going to mess with st pats this year.
Have a good week.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Trying to make the time to finish several ornaments that are 99% done

Also need to redo my Easter wreath that broke and finish Easter class treat tags and teacher gift tags...

Now that DS's birthday party is over I can breathe a little! :)

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ran all my errands yesterday. Spent way more money than I planned at the sewing center. Registered for my class and ordered the new edge to edge quilting book. This one has borders in it. Also ordered expansion pack one, it has a snow flake quilt pattern that I decided I needed for my quilt. Of course I hadn’t already purchase that one.
Joann’s was full of poorly behaved children. I had planned just roaming up and down all the aisles but the screaming and out of control children changed my mind. I got the few items I needed and left. One child was climbing up the shelves and his mom didn’t care. Next time I go I’ll make sure there is school that day. I didn’t buy any extras that way so maybe it was a good thing.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did a little knitting yesterday so am half way through the 3rd coathanger cover. Am itching to get into my craft room and tidy it up.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I will be having surgery on my rotator cuff on the 28th, so my crafting will be greatly curtailed. I should be able to knit a little. I might try some CCS to see if I can do it without moving my shoulder.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to finish April, May and June pillowcases so they are ready to mail to DGDs. I'm pretty sure I have the fabrics.

I went to Open Sew today and finished up a couple of tissue box covers for DD, worked a little on a table topper for me, and made a small scissor case and started a second one. They will be gifts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Back from Mum's. We made 8 reasonably large fabric bags that will be used for Christmas gifts instead of wrapping. they will be used by DH and DB. They were quick to make up. Mum has crocheted tops on tea towels and I need to sew buttons on them. They will be gifts for the ladies at work.
Finished the 3rd coat hanger cover so only 3 more to go.

Reactions: luludou and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ It's so wonderful that you craft with your mom!

I downloaded a knit hat pattern yesterday that I want to try.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Still picking away at my to do pile here. I’ve decided only use 2 of the round table cloths to make a tree skirt. the others along with another table cloth I was going to “ fix” will all go to the thrift shop.

I have been moving around a chenille Hop Along Cassidy bedspread that was my husbands. I decided this morning (as I was moving it yet again ) I will appliqué the design on a throw for him for Christmas. The bedspread isn’t in the best of shape - it’s from the late 50’s early 60’s but the raised design on it is intact. I’m pretty sure I can make it work. The rest of the throw will be a quilt pattern ( not sure what yet) and use western type themed fabric. I have nothing to lose. It’s been in a grocery bag in a tote for 13 years in my craft/ sewing room and before that shoved in the back of a closet at his moms.

Reactions: luludou and Lana

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Katrina nice that you are able to craft with your mom.
Myron’s mom. Can’t wait to hear how the quilt project goes.

Dress is finished as is the baby blanket. Have the baby sweater pattern printed off, yard purchase and have it started—tv crafting project. Have a another sewing project on the go as well.

The pattern for the blanket called for four balls but I only used three. I can not find my receipt for the yarn to return it. Since I can’t find the receipt I figured I could crochet up a doll blanket with it and include with the gift.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina ~ It's so wonderful that you craft with your mom!
Katrina nice that you are able to craft with your mom.

Yes, I am very lucky. Mum lives very near by and we share a lot of the same interests. we bake and craft together and we both love Christmas so that is another thing that we share. I certainly count my blessings.