Crafters Challenge Jan. 19th-25th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello To All!

Well, I must say I do believe that this year with it only being the 19th I have more crafts done than normally at this time. lol!

Was up till after one and we are starting with another quilt now. Allen is good at helping to lay out and such.

Have 2 quilts to do and the car cover seat. So that is top on the list this week.

Several people working on stuff--love hearing about all the crafts.

What are you doing this week?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
would love to do something like that! Jampss they are very nice :)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thanks!

Thanks y'all.

I have to stop looking at crochet patterns on Pinterest and adding them to my DO LIST of crafts!!!!!! Ack! Too much fun!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I didn't manage much last week as work took over, but I hope to do the last of the mending this week, and try to finish the green on the current holly leaves cross-stitch project. Otherwise, as I know it will be a busy week at work and home (and DH's last before a 3 week trip), I will not be overburdening myself. But while he's away, I need things to keep me busy!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hi Everyone!

Lana, you have been busy! Have you been able to fix the picture posting on your blog yet? I look forward to seeing the quilts!

Jampss, those blankets are great! I'm sure the recipients love them.

I spent yesterday morning working on some monogrammed infinity scarves. These are for some friends of mine that want to give them for Valentine gifts. I love when people plan ahead! I want to finish those this morning.

Last week I started a new knitted cowl pattern, but between the ribbing in the pattern and the striping in the yarn, it just wasn't working for me. I tore it out and started another pattern last night.

Have a great week!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts!

Last week I started a new knitted cowl pattern, but between the ribbing in the pattern and the striping in the yarn, it just wasn't working for me. I tore it out and started another pattern last night.
I know right! I rip out all the time.

I was making a dish cloth and learning a new technique to changing colors and not having ends to tie off ... it wasn't working at first ... had six some rows but I didn't like it and figured out what I was doing wrong.

Tore it all out, started again. I like it now!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got one UFO over with.... been trying to crochet a horse for dnephew .. it's been in the basket for 3 years... yesterday I took it out and looked at it objectively... I know why I stopped making it... the pattern made it WAY too big!! so I undid everything and threw the pattern away. Done! He is older anyways and will prefer something else. now I can pass on to another ziploc kit I had prepared awhile ago.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Good!

Got one UFO over with.... been trying to crochet a horse for dnephew .. it's been in the basket for 3 years... yesterday I took it out and looked at it objectively... I know why I stopped making it... the pattern made it WAY too big!! so I undid everything and threw the pattern away. Done! He is older anyways and will prefer something else. now I can pass on to another ziploc kit I had prepared awhile ago.
I admire your decision ...

I have things sitting in UFO ... I need to "let it go!"

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts!

Soooooooooooooo ... I made those sweater boots! LOL Picture is in my album. Not sure how the hot glue will hold up ... but well, a $1 sweater and a pair of $4 shoes from thrift store and ... whah-la.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Cute bet you they will be warm--you will figure it out.

Pictures on my blog now. Not sure how but ...they couldn't remote in but somehow they changed me to Internet 11. My print and all is smaller now. I like my big print.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Lana, the quilt pictures are great! The corners look fantastic!! I'm glad you were able to get the pictures to post again.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts!

Cute bet you they will be warm--you will figure it out.

Pictures on my blog now. Not sure how but ...they couldn't remote in but somehow they changed me to Internet 11. My print and all is smaller now. I like my big print.

Love the pics on your BLOG. Thanks, I wore my sweater boots to DS10 4H meeting tonight.

Sometimes when I have problems with pics on FB, it's because my Firefox browser needs updating ... like Flash or one of those add-ons.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, I need to sort thru UFOs also.

Jampss, glad you got the boots done.

I made a scarf last night. Not really sure why I am still making them. I find different colored yarn that I think is pretty so I get it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I probably found the craft I want to make for some friends, so I might be starting that this weekend... while watching the movie of the month - Christmas with the Kranks.