1st Day of School

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
When she took the bus, we'd always go to the donut shot first and then go eat our donut while we waited for the bus. When she was in first grade, I picked her up with a big giant mylar balloon hanging out of the car. She'd die now at 13....LOL I think she's graduated from donuts to a egg mcmuffins.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I also saw in the new Family Fun magazine to have the Backpack Fairy come! Have them set out their backpacks at night and in the morning the backpack fairy has filled them with all their new "fun" school supplies and maybe a new outfit or school shoes or something !

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
We do lots of pictures and a big breakfast the first day of school. I make sure I have cookies and milk waiting for them when they get home.

This year I have DD9 going into the 4th grade DS7 going into the 2nd grade DS5 starting Kind. and my DD4 going to Preschool.

I wont know what to do with my self with everyone but the baby in school.

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
This year will be the first that everyone except me will be headed out the door - DD3 starts preschool 5 days a week so that I can start substitute teaching, DD10 is off to the 5th grade, DS11 starts 6th grade at the middle school where DH teaches, and Dear Nephew (Age 26) will be back in school as well, working towards his RN.

That morning, I'll be reading The Kissing Hand to my little one and taking photos of everyone before I send them out the door. After I cry a bit, I'll work on a special dessert. Last year I made a pan of brownies in the shape of a pencil; this year, I might try the cupcakes in Family Fun. No special dinner tradition here - I think I will have them vote on what they'd like.

knl81

Retire Member
Aug 9, 2008
I am having a hard time this year since our school year is now starting 2 weeks ealier than in the past.....kindof a short summer...at least it feels like. We don't do much, take pictures and just have a fun, positive day.