1st year elfing

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
send your kid(s) a letter from santa stating that some of his elves have finished all their work and 1/2/3 (how many u got) would like to go and stay with a family for the month of december/from thanksgiving etc and decided yours looked like a fun/friendly/caring family etc. then state that some elves have been known to cause mischief so they need to watch out.

hope this helps. i was quite lucky as my now middle son asked for for an elf!!!

sloanmama

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2009
Ohio
Our first year, elf Ollie showed up under our Christmas tree over night around December 1st (he now shows up the day after Thanksgiving). He was just sitting there (and we didn't say anything, we just let the kids discover him) with a letter from Santa. Basically the letter stated that Ollie was there to watch them and report back to Santa their behavior. It also stated that the elves have been known to get into mischief and to look out for any elf mischief. It explained that he would be staying until Dec 24 when Santa would come pick him up during his "rounds".

I don't know if you plan to have your elf get into "mischief" or not, but if so, there's tons of great ideas on this board. Some people like their elf to just move around the house and not really cause "problems". Ollie.... he gets into all sorts of trouble including using a zip-line in the house, having big parties with streamers and balloons, decorating the house with toilet paper, hanging the kids underwear on the tree as ornaments and even stealing the car for a late night run to McD's. The kids love it! It's a great holiday tradition IMO and one I hope your family enjoys too! Good luck!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I don't know if you have looked at the MHH Elf blog or not but there are sample letters and other info there...contributed by myself and other members.

Happy Elfing.....

http://magicalholidayhome.com/elves/