2/4- Thank a mailman day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Next Monday 2/4 is Thank a Mailman Day- Leave a note to let them know how much you appreciate and value their services- especially now when some are delivering in very cold weather. I think we will leave a note with a little treat.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I like the snowman soup idea! I always fell terrible because I forget about our very sweet maillady at Christmas - now I can make up for it!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Glad I remembered that TODAY is a good day to thank our mail carrier! Her name's Sharon, and she's great. I'm leaving her a little surprise in the box! Actually, I'll be doing it tomorrow (she takes Mondays off), but the thought is there ::candyheart:

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I almost forgot about this also and I posted it!

I am giving our carrier at work one of our bags with a note.

Tommorrow my day off- I will leave our home carrier something.

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
We don't have an individual mailbox in front of our house, our neighborhood has the ones with like 20 slim boxes all together. :frown: Can't really leave anything for them...we only have a small slot to put our mail through. :huh:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
We have a similar box, cipalla. It's a big gray box with little locked pidgeon holes to retrieve your mail. Still, there's enough room for a letter or card with a gift card. My friend's husband who is a mail carrier, said if you mark the envelope/parcel 'To our Regular Mail Carrier' , it should get to them even if it's their day off.