2008 Christmas Films

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

zchristy

Santa's Elves
Both opening Nov 21:

"Nothing Like the Holidays".

Cast: John Leguizamo, Freddy Rodríguez, Debra Messing

Plot: The scattered members of the Rodriguez family return to their parents' home in Chicago to celebrate the holiday season, as well as their youngest's safe return from combat overseas. But when old tensions surface, the pressure is on the individuals to truly come together as a family.

Four Christmases

Cast: Reese Witherspoon, Vince Vaughn, Mary Steenburgen

Plot: A comedy about a married couple (Witherspoon and Vaughn) from two divorced families who are tasked with attending four Christmas Day celebrations.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Four Christmases looks funny & DD loves Reese so we could maybe watch this together.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
four Christmases should be funny- I like Reese and Vince. We go to see a Christmas movie as a family every year together, but it doesn't look like either of these are for kids. Anyone know of any kid friendly ones coming out this year?

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I have not seen any holiday movies for families advertised yet?!
I am interested in seeing the two mentioned though, will drag DH along - if I give him chocolate he will sit through almost anything :haha:

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
Can't wait to see both of these, But I'm also looking for something to see with the grandkids.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I seen the preview at the theater today for 4 Christmases and it looks VERY, VERY funny. Good cast and PG. Perfect for a family movie.

EllaBlue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
A Christmas Tale is a French movie that will be released in theatres as of November 14, 2008. It's is going to be playing at the Vancouver International Film Festival in early October and I am going to be going to see it.

It has Catherine Deneauve in it and I am really looking forward to it. I will give you a review once I've actually seen it in early October. :bigsnow:

Syanda

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Anyone who has a little girl at home I'm sure already knows that the Barbie version of A Christmas Carol is coming out on DVD on November 4th (here in Canada anyways!). These movies are all extremely well done, and I have to say I'm looking forward to this movie more than my daughter is! She's only 2 after all ;o)

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I love the film "Christmas Vacation" with Chevy Chase.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097958/

Furthermore I also like the films "The Santa Clause" as well as "The Santa Clause 2" and "The Santa Clause 3"
with Tim Allen
And of course I love Tim Allen's "Home Improvement" christamas episodes (not a film, I know, but funny)

Chilli

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
I found the original cartoon version of The Grinch at a thrift store yesterday for .50 and yes I still have a working VHS!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
You know (last year I think it was or the year before that) several of our Dollar Trees had the classic cartoon Christmas movies on VHS - Rudolph, Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, Frosty the Snowman. I couln't believe it. I already had them on VHS, but that was a great find for someone who still owns a video machine (which I still do too - two of them).

MissBrittany

Premiere Member
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Four Christmases looks funny. He is my favorite actor, and she is my favorite actress, although they do make an odd couple. :rudolph: