2011 Resolutions

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Yes! Sorry, I frequent so many boards it took me a while to realize I didn't post here. I had a thread about it last month, but it's been busy here. ;) Carson is due in April!!!

Patricia

Retire Member
Miss Brittany...Congratulations!! How exciting! Prayers going up for you for a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby Carson!

Miss Jane...I so agree with you about the media setting standards so high that "normal" women are made to feel inferior. That is why, whenever I'm having a bad day, I like to visit the site "celebrities without makeup". It makes me realize that the women we see on TV look so beautiful because they have half a dozen people working on their make up, a full lighting crew and then are digitally enhanced. I choose to live by my own standards and not what the Hollywood ideal says I should.

That being said, I feel the need to make some goals in my life for this year:

[] Lose 15 lbs. I do need to lose more, but this number feels attainable for me this year.

[] Continue to declutter and organize. Have done well in the past year, but the house still feels tight with things.

[] Find more joy in the everyday, mundane things. Life, every part of life, is a gift, and I MUST learn to appreciate it more.

[] Pay off 1 credit card (around $7,000.)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I do not normally set myself resolutions, I find that I was failing at them too quickly. I choose a word and try and live by that word.
This years word is STRIVE.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I like the idea of the 4 categories:

Health: Get back to eating right and exercising regularly...need to lose 10lbs

Love: So many things I can write here...will work on attainable goals

Money: Spend less, plan better, stop charging

Friendship: I moved from NJ to CA last year and need to be better about calling friends on a regular basis. Time goes by so fast and I always feel better when I call a friend back East!

I think I will work with these 4 things and really, really try to do better!