2013 HHP Wrap Up

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Christmas is done and packed away for another year. Notes are being made of what worked and what didn't work. Christmas 2014 will be even better!!

How did the House & Holiday Plan work for you for Christmas 2013?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
HHP helped me stay focus on what I wanted to do. I gave myself permission not to do some of the things when they were "assigned" just because of where I was at that time. HHP helped me think ahead. I had done the Christmas Countdown since 2000 but life has changed here and I really needed more time this year to at least think about getting the house ready and my heart ready for Christmas.

Next year, I will use this plan and I will simplify even more. I now see that there are a number of gifts to aides and workers who touch our life that can be bought in bulk ahead of time. If I do it that way, then I have the time to wrap and decorate a gift with more thought.

I" think" that I may use my photographs as a Christmas card next year. I've always enjoyed writing out cards with a personal note added at the bottom. I'm debating about stopping that and just sending out a photo instead.

I've made lots of breads and cookies in the past as gifts. Now I may just do it for parties that we host.

That's what has been going on in my mind.

Mary

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Great post, Mary.

What I love most about this plan is how you can change it to suit your needs and still get the work done.

I really like this time shortly after Christmas when things are still fresh in my mind and I can think about what I need to change and what I want to keep the same for the next year.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I agree that it helped keep my on track. I loved it. No I did not do all the things on the list but I sure was way in front of what I've done in past year. Much more relaxed. Even Dh noticed there was less stress on me.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thumbs up on this plan! Thank you to all of you for being so supportive! I got all the way through and was right on time. I've gotten better at it every year and this is the first year I didn't need even look at the Christmas Countdown on the side. I was on time. And it coincides so beautifully with FlyLady that at the end I went right back into my Fly routines smoothly. Will reply with the rest of my comments on the main Review thread so that I'm sure to find my comments when we look at these next Fall.

Good job everyone!!!