250 days to go!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
Time is marching on ladies!!!!

::eek:rnament: :package: ::eek:rnament: :package: ::eek:rnament: :package:

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Yipeeeeeeeeee!!!

Hubby and I were just saying isn't it incrediable it's end of April! I can't believe how fast time is going.

Before you know it we will be hearing sleigh bells and yuel tide charm all around us!!!!

Kelly :sleigh:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
GREAT....now I'm getting anxiety!!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
This year is going by so fast - Christmas will be here before you know it!!!

:party: Melanie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm so glad this year is passing by quickly. LOL I don't mean to wish my life away but the faster it goes, the sooner my husband comes home. I'm also excited about fall and Christmas!

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
Our home is for sale and I haven't bought or done anything yet for the holidays. Usually I have items purchased and wrapped by now.

I can't wait to have Christmas in a new home - IF this one sells.....

::eek:rnament:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hooray it's on its way!

I don't even know where I'll be living by Christmas, lol. Our original posting was canceled. Actually makes it kind of exciting.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Now it's even LESS time! (240 days) In a way, it IS hard to imagine that one-third of the year is gone. 125 days are gone.

And when does the holiday season start for you?

For me, it starts with the lead-up to Halloween. The dollar stores sometimes get unbelievably great outdoor Halloween decorations - for a dollar! (Probably $1.50 this year.) And you have to get them early, before they get snatched up! So I would say the end of September is the beginning of the holiday season for me. And it goes pretty fast from then on!

For me, the challenge this year is (1) to get everything possible done as much in advance as possible, so I don't get too tired, and (2) plan enough for after-Christmas that there is no after-Christmas let-down.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
It's actually quite scary how fast the time has gone :shock: I don't know about anywhere else in the world, but kids here in Northern Ireland finish school for their Summer holidays in June. I always find July and August to go incredibly quick. Once my Daughter is back at school there's absolutely no time until she is off again for Halloween. Then once November comes, that's when the fun really starts. With pre-Christmas shopping trips etc! :grin:

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I'm still rather shocked that it's May! We experienced a warm winter, so perhaps my mind is still waiting for that chill to calculate the passing of time. hehe :frosty:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
As I am just now reading this post I thought I would update it.

As of today, there are only 203 days left until Christmas. It seems the months just keep flying by. I enjoy the holiday season, but I wish the years didn't go by so quickly. :)

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
That's exactly how I feel! I can't believe that in three weeks my daughter will have finished school for the Summer. As much as I love Christmas I also think "Where have the years gone?". My daughter is 8 and I'm thinking that Santa may not be coming to our house for much longer. I must admit that makes me feel quite sad. So I'm determined to make the most of the run up to Christmas this year because next year might be a little different in that respect. For me the countdown really starts when we hit the 100 days to go mark! :rudolph:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
WOW!!!! 203 days left on Thursday!!!!!!!

Yes - when we hit 100 days - the countdown is INTENSE. We CAN pretty-much feel that we are behind when we hit the 100-day mark! But remember - THIS YEAR we will have Christmas In July together! And now we even have time to get organized for Christmas In July!!!

It does take my breath away to be so close to 200 days! But, I think we are in good shape - psychologically at least! :bigsnow: