50 sleeps!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Found three more gifts that I can scratch off my list, today. Also bought all my baking ingredients.

Tommorw I need to pick up a video game for one of my nephews. It hits store shelves tomorrow: Call of Duty - Black Ops. Not sure what it's about but it seems to be a hot item. So much so that someone robbed a Game Stop store today and grabbed all of them as well as some other games and gaming systems. (Shaking my head)

Aggy, I need to pick up that game tomorrow too. You might want to try Toys R Us first. They are giving a $20.00 gift card when you buy any Xbox (I think PS3 too) game $59.99 or more. I bought two other Xbox games there today and got a $50.00 gift card. I'm getting there with the gift giving. I am done with a few, almost done with a few more. I have quite a few gifts bought for my kids but am a little stuck on ds12 this year. Some of the things I got ds11, I know ds12 would like too, but can't seem to find them in his favorite team. I do have a few other ideas though. My Christmas cards are done. I just need to add the photo and use my stamper for the return address. I was so mad at myself last year for the stress of barely getting them out in time AGAIN, that I decided to do them after Christmas before I took down the tree. I think I will do that again this year. It was nice doing it with the decorations out, but not having any stress to get it done. What I need to really focus on is finalizing what I want to bake, and I'd like to make a few elf things.

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Jinglemom --- Brilliant idea about writing the Christmas cards for NEXT year.... during that quiet period, AFTER Christmas, while the tree is still up and it is cozy inside!!!!

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
Okay, so I am totally stressed!!!

As of yesterday morning, I thought I was done with both my parents and my inlaws.

DS's youth hockey team has been invited to play at intermission at a Boston Bruins game!!!!!!!!!

I told the people organizing it that I wanted 7 tickets, as DH and I decided that we would take both sets of grandparents to the game to watch DS play.

To make it easier and more special, we planned to rent a limo to take us to and from the game.

Yesterday I get an email that suggests that we can only get TWO tickets per family, but there are lots of website that are selling tickets to the game, but not in the same section we would be sitting.

I freak, and send an email back asking for clarification on how many tickets we can get.

I get a response that we CAN get more than two, but if it is price prohibitive, we can order more in a different location. However, another email says that there are only 54 seats available for the team. If there are 12 players and their parents going, how is this going to work?

I send another email asking "can I get 7 tickets, yes or no?"

And STILL haven't gotten a response.

Practice is tonight, so by 6:00 I should have everything squared away, but still...the wait is KILLING me.

UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It's an incribl idea for a gift, ladybugsmom! I have my fingers crossed that it will work out!!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
ladybugsmom - Hope you get the RIGHT answer back to that email!!! :)

I can't believe we're under 50 days already! Whew!!!

I've been doing some shopping, mostly toys for DS and I've ordered a CD for DH.

Only have 1 present wrapped so far but DH has agreed to watch DS one afternoon in mid-Dec so a girlfriend and I can get together and focus on wrapping in one big session.

I am still going to try and get some done between now and then too, but that is my fallback plan!

No cookie dough in the freezer yet. I'm actually only making 1 type this year plus PW Cinnamon Rolls - but I DO need to get those made and in the freezer.

I have taken next Thursday off work to have a baking day/recipe test day with a girlfriend (same one as mentioned above) and I think I may use part of that day to get the cinnamon rolls knocked out!

I've also promised to help her decorate her house for Christmas this year - or at least help her get organized, etc.

Sooo much left to do! But alot is done already and there is still time! THAT is the great thing about this site - it helps me SO much!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Great idea, I am sure that everyone will love it.