7 Steps to a More Meaningful Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Jeff Westover

MHH Maintenance Dept.
Staff member
MHH Admin
Sep 7, 2009
Cache Valley, Utah
mymerrychristmas.com
Christmas can be like a pressure cooker for some people. I used to be that way. I used to sweat the details to get it all done, rushing from place to place, worried whether or not I could see it all, taste it all and do it all in accomplishing the perfect Christmas for my family. It took me many years to realize that my efforts to do it all really kept me from having a great Christmas experience. I ran the full circle of Christmas life: I believed in Santa, I didn’t believe in Santa, I believed in Santa, then I came to look like Santa. That circle created over the decades a kind of love/hate relationship with the season. It always fell short of what it should have been in my mind because I simply could not accomplish it all. Then I had an epiphany: my Dad died in December of 1998. Nothing was normal that Christmas. I didn’t even get the tree up. But you know what? It was the best Christmas ever. That season reminded me that Christmas is really all about being with and really appreciating family. That was a Christmas of going through old [...]

More...

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Thank you for posting this.

It was lovely to read.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I really liked this one. Great post.