AGW= all girls weekend

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
What would you do for an all girls weekend? This weekend I'm headed to Chicago for AGW, but in a month I'll be doing an AGW with family. What do you suggest?

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I live in Ohio. In the last year or so, I had 2 AGW's. One weekend with my closest girl friends, we went to Dresden (home to Longberger baskets) for the day and hit the outlet malls for a day coming home. Very laid back and unstructured which we all wanted - sleeping in, walking across the street from the hotel for appetizers for "dinner".

Another time, several moms in my neighborhood wanted to do a weekend together. We headed up to Lake Erie. Our one full day was spent at the amusement park Cedar Point as we are all roller coaster fans. Lots of fun!

It's kinda funny. In both cases we were so gung ho about going without hubbies or kids, staying up late with our margaritas and talking, etc. but we were all exhausted by 10 or 11!!! I think the thought of going to sleep wihtout kids waking us up or hubby hogging the covers was just too tempting!!

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
I enjoyed scrapbooking with a group of women and we did a weekend recently. One of the women has a timeshare/condo so we all went there. We brought food/snacks/drinks and set up tables and scrapbooked. We shared stories, ideas and paper. When we got too tired to scrabpook we would watch movies and talk. We did a shopping trip to Hobby Lobby for some extra supplies and then went right back to scrapbooking! So much fun.
This girls weekend is fantastic we go to a fancy hotel, shop for deals in fancy stores in Chicago, go out to eat at restaurants we don't go out to normally (almost all of us are Mom's all different ages), one night order pizza in just hanging out, and then sometimes we go to a movie or show. By the end of the weekend, we've got stories and bonded. We go home so relaxed and excited again just to be girls. When we see each other at conventions or other events throughout the year we reminisce and share our new deals with each other! It's so much fun to bond!!!