Another Magical Project

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I have another new project! I've been "assigned" the rehearsal dinner for my nephew's wedding. My (ex)SIL has her hands full with my niece's (groom's sister) graduation on Thursday before the wedding and making the wedding cake and groom's cheesecakes. So when she asked me to help I offered to do the entire rehearsal dinner, from planning, decorating, cooking and cleanup! I'm also helping with decorating the sanctuary for the ceremony and decorating for the reception. Fortunately, the rehearsal dinner and the reception are being held at the same place, so I'm thinking of "double-duty" decorations-but not obviously double duty.

The sweetest groom since mine has requested spaghetti and lasagna for his dinner, so that's what we're having. I think we'll also have salad and garlic bread, with coconut pie and chocolate pie for dessert-more favorites. I am doing a little research on appetizers for large groups, so I'll have to give that some thought and put a pencil to paper regarding costs to see what we'll do for that.

I'm working on decor right now...I'll be back to post a little later when I firm things up...just a teaser today!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
With the menu you have I would go with an antipasto trays for appetizers. Rolled or cubed cheeses, salami, ham, different olives and marinated artichoke hearts. Would be easy to do and keeps well so could be made up in advance.

You are so nice to do this!!!