Any crocheters willing to offer some advice?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I have, in my knitting binder, one of the cutest patterns for a baby hat and bonnet that I've ever seen. I would love to make it for a friend of mine.

Only problem is, it is a crochet pattern, and I am a knitter. The pattern is far too complex for me to figure out at this point. I decided to try to find a smaller project to teach myself. I attempted to make a hat this morning and failed miserably.

Do any of you crocheters out there have any advice on a really easy pattern to start out with? I know how to make a grannysquare, but that's only from memory. I need to learn how to follow a pattern.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I too am a knitter, but can crochet a little..I think if you can do a granny square, you can pull this off..it just feels ackward...I have had pretty good luck by going onto yarn manufacturers websites, there are usually links for knitting or crocheting tutorials there, and simple patterns..a live person is a BIG help though, I have hauled my problem projects to church, displayed them sadly, and shamelessly took every bit of advice I could get from anyone who would give it :help: