Any Ideas for a blacklight birthday party?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbread Elf

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
My dd turns 16 on March 16th (her golden birthday). She saw a TV show that gave ideas for theme parties... So now she has her heart set on a "black light" party... where everything glows..... :slap:

any Ideas? Food, entertainment, games, etc

HELP!!!

Thanks
Gingerbread Elf!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Hey for sure check out orientaltrading....they had a bunch of black light stuff, stars, necklaces etc...

Remember that white things sort of glow in black light also...

Consider taking some white tee shirts and using that glo paint...I think it will work under black lights...decorate some for her best friends or whomever to wear. Or maybe use black tees....then just the words would glow...

momof2boys

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
I like the idea of the black tee's with the glo paint. But you could also get a both colors- just to have a variety- and then have the girls decorate them at the party. not sure what your budget is but another thing would be get thick black ribbon. They can decorate the ribbon with the glo paint and if you want to- get some jewels that can be hot glued onto the ribbon. This would make a cute hair accessory.
Glo sticks work great in drinks like a punch bowl.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I saw some outdoor compact florescent bulbs at the hardware store-- they had many colors and I am pretty sure I remember them having blacklight ones too. You could search for those and then hang a white sheet, or flag or something like that in the yard to "indicate" where the party is.

pixiestick

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
A nice touch might be to hang crey-paper streamers (vertically) from the top of doorways; they will cast a nice glow when "touched" by the back light. Another festive thing is to fill cylinder glass vases (clear) with cotton balls, and place near the black lights; if your lamps have white shades all the better!
Gidget-

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Why not use black and white as your theme?

Ask everyone to wear either black or white.

Use black and white items on your menu - brownies with cream cheese frosting, mini white pizzas with olives, white dips with black tortilla chips, etc.

Play games that involve dice or dominos to continue the black and white theme.