Any Pumpkins Out Yet?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Have you seen any pumpkins on front porches?

Yesterday, I bought three small pumpkins for $5. They sit inside the black iron fence railings going up the front stairs. They look very cute -- and not overwhelming -- since it is still September! I couldn't resist!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I put mine out last night! :)

There is one more HUGE one still ripening in the upper garden - I can't wait til it's ready!!!

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Lots of Haloween decorations already out in my neighborhood and i have seen a few pumpkins. I may try and go buy mine either this weekend or next weekend. :)

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
My neighbor has her large 3 foot artificial pumpkin on her porch. I also saw pumpkins at the grocery store this morning. They had the christmas coffee creamers too.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I have pumpkins in the house and on the back porch. I still need to pick up those mums!

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
I have a big jack o'lantern on my front porch along with a 4ft metal witch with big marble eyes. She's great! I have a few pumpkins in the dining room and kitchen. Plan to do more later this week.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Quite a few around here. I just have gourds in my decorative mailbox. This weekend is our area's Harvest festival. There is a 'pumpkin people' making workshop and we should be seeing 'active' pumpkin people everywhere after that! The theme this year is 'the olympics'. Here's a book written last year for kids about the 'pumpkin people-
http://www.nimbus.ns.ca/Store/Catal...ID/5399/Default.aspx?txtSearch=pumpkin+people

Snowey

Premiere Member
I have seen some in the stores this week, but have not bought any. I heard on the radio today that pumpkin prices will be higher this year,, they said somthing about too much rain this year for the pumpkin growers.. at least that is their story :)

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
We are just waiting for the largest one on the plot to fully ripen (although it's nearly all orange already). It's not huge, but it is our own!! (We should have 3 in total, but I am only going to use 1 for cutting - if I put the other 2 out, they will stay whole for use a couple of weeks after).

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
This summer, DD noticed a vine growing in her front yard, next to the porch. She thought it was watermelon (yuck). Turns out, there were SEVEN pumpkins growing there and two cantaloupe! She didn't plant them, either. So now, she said she has those pumpkins on her steps and porch. Do you think the Lord played a little prank? LOL

I made some of those pumpkins that are actually rolls of toilet paper covered in a fat quarter of fabric. Gave one to DD, and I have the other two on my barrister bookcase. I have a few things out...not so much Halloween as just fall things. I have to dig out the rest. I don't have a lot, tho. No room to store them. But oh, I do love the colors of fall.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i have mine on the front porch and back porch. a couple in the garden. i have my fall flag mums and corn stalks out. ready for fall. it felt like fall this morning.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
One of our judges brought me and the other administrative assistants some little pumpkins today to sit on our desks. They are so cute. There is a witch's face painted on them. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.