Anyone Else?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
Is anyone else itching to start decorating for fall? Or have you already? I really want to and I think I will get DH to dig out what little amount I have so I can start putting them out this weekend since Fall is only a week or so away! Yay! Fall's almost here! I love this time of year!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I did mine last week. I don't have much but it gives a more festive feel. Our home is decorated in fall colors to begin with so adding some small touches is all it really takes. I did buy some mums for the front porch.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I've added a few things..some faux sunflowers here and there...a few faux pumpkins...this weekend I'm going to clean and try to get some more things out. I love to decorate for fall...and, it's supposed to rain all weekend.

Reactions: 1 person

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm going to a little bit this weekend and then tiny bits here and there every day...problem is my decor is in serious need of decluttering and reorganizing so I can find all my goodies...but I'll do the best I can!!!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I have my wreathes up, a scarecrow out and some faux pumpkins on the porches. I have to pick up mums this week and do the inside of the house yet.

MissBrittany

Premiere Member
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
I just made the switch to fall! My friend Ashley had hers up last night when I visited, and then my friend Mic****e gave me a set of leaf-shaped salt and pepper shakers today, so I couldn't resist! It's mostly a switch to a fall tablescape, a few items in the kitchen, fall candle holders, leaf plates on the walls, and maybe some faux pumpkins on the porch if I can find some I like. Our house is also fall colors, so the change is easy and appropriate. We actually painted a small accent wall in the living room last week- "spiced gingerbread" is the name, but it's a rusty pumpkin orange. We don't do Halloween, so this will all be out until Thanksgiving when we make THE BIG SWITCH!

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
6 of DGKs and I did mine over labor day. With so many extra HELPING(??) hands, we also sorted and will add halloween, then when we put them up, get out the turkeys and pilgrams. So far, it has been a good year for decorating here. Mums usually get marked down the weekend of homecoming here. The 24th of Sept this year, so I am holding off. I also always wait on pumpkins untill we do halloween, then we paint them on one side and later in the month, we carve. Fun Fun Fun!! I am so in my rehlm!

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
I've pulled out all my fall decor, but it is still sitting around waiting on me to get time to put everything up! I have all my scarecrows lined up and waiting. I feel like I am walking through a scarecrow store when i walk through the entry way. At least this week's plan is for the foyer or entry. I guess that should motivate me to find the time!!!

I have had a busy two weeks since my two nieces (7 and 11 years) have been with me. I will keeping the oldest one from now on---or at least for awhile. We are getting temporary guardianship. Much of this past week has been devoted to making room for them and getting things moved around and redecorated for a bedroom for the oldest here. I had to go into work this afternoon and when I came in this evening, she was so excited to show me the progress in HER room. It made me smile to see her SMILE.

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I had DH move his tools around in the garage so I could get to my bins of Fall/Halloween stuff today. I think I will start bringing some stuff out a little at a time throughout the week. Give me a chance to dust and try to declutter a little bit. Looking forward to it...fall is one of my favorites seasons...I love the colors, leaves and pinecones so it's perfect for me.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Fall decor...

I started putting up fall items last night!

Upstairs I've put out the little touches in the dining room, mainly some pretty fall theme shaped metal candle holders on the mantle.

This year I topped them with artifical mini gourds instead of candles. Looks pretty good!

I need to pull out my fall door signs from the attic still - forgot those! Ugh!

I also want to add white and orange lights, plus fall leaf garland to the mantle. That will take a bit more time so didn't tackle it last night.

Downstairs all I have done is put up the fall wreath over the mantle and put a fall theme mantle scarf over the hall table.

I can't FIND anything else!!! AAARGH! I'm missing a tote with the rest of my fall stuff for that part of the house. I know I didn't haul it up to the attic last year because it would have been really heavy!

My ceramic white pumpkins are in there, plus a few other things. There are so many totes in the basement, I am hoping I am just missing it. All the Christmas totes are labeled and the rest are see through - but I just can't find it!

I'll need DH's help to start moving totes out of the way - they are too heavy for me and Baby "K" right now! :)

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
You guys are getting me excited..

Next door neighbor put hers out sometime in the middle of the night.. We usually have a little competition, well, thats being nice, we have a very big competition.. for some reason, we have never hit it off, 20 years here, but she is fanatical about her house and yard.. Called the cops on my kids , I cant tell you how many times as they were growing up... for playing ball in the street, for riding their go carts in the field across the street, for working on their cars in the drive, even though they would put them back in the garage at night..I mean it was relentless, she caught my daughters cat in a cage more than 3 times,, so needless to say, we try to out do each other... Its a small court and I adore all my other neighbors and we have all had problems with her.... So, anyway, she did hers in the middle of the night some time, I took the dog out at 11 last night and they were not there... Sometime between that and 5am this morning they were... So, guess I will have to get mine up soon.. The only cool thing about being second to put them up, is I can see what she has done and then DO BETTER !!LOL... Oh well, she does have a beautiful, and I do mean beautiful house and yard, so she deserves some kuddos for that, but she didnt have to be so mean to so many people over the years... Kind of sad now, her 1 and only son, moved MANY states away from her and none of the neighbors have anything to do with her.. She could have made her life so much easier over the years just to be kind.. especially to the kids in the neighborhood, they were all good kids and even the cops stopped coming out... kinda like the little boy who cried wolf.. Hope she doesnt really need them some day...

Anyway, so this weekend, if I can stand to wait, taking DD out to get her and my mums and then I will spend the entire weekend getting it all out.. I must have 50 pumpkins !!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I have a lot of my stuff out for fall but nothing for Halloween - I don't put Halloween out until October 1 at the earliest. I had wanted to do a few more things for fall this weekend but did not get around to it. I am enjoying my fall things that I do have out though!