April fool's

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Belles

Retire Member
April 1st was my Grannys birthday, I remember celebrating it growing up, one year no one called her all day and made her think we had all forgotten until we showed up with cake and gifts in towe. It was funny she open the door and there stood about 30 of us, we had dinner and everything. She actually had not found it very funny. She made some joke about figuring it out since she was the mother of 11 children, she couldn;t imagine they would all forget. I alway think about her.

I do like to pull as many pranks as I can pull off, my husband I ususally conspire together to get somethin over on the boys.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm thinking I should set my dh office up for the "goodie bag" trick. I'll make some dessert this week and send it in a brown paper bag. DH will leave it on the break-room table. Nothing is private in his office so everyone will dive right into it. Then on April 1st he leaves a brown paper bag with a note in the bottom saying "This is not your bag so why are you looking in it?".

Did this several years ago so most people will have forgotten and there are new people. After the first person looks, you will see people peeking over their cubie walls when someone goes into the break-room.

When I worked at the hospital, I used to call in sick every year saying I had fallen off my horse and broke my leg. If you try this be sure to show up with donuts.

I read in the newspaper years ago that some teenager got his friends together to carry his parents VW into the family room via the patio doors. Left it turned so it couldn't be driven out and he left the house before his parents got up. Probably a good thing he wasn't around when his parents got up. But they did make the front page of the paper!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Now that I am in the house with two boys, I am going to have to think of something. Last year I called and told the kids that school had been cancelled because of snow. I had them for just a second. They will not fall for that this year, I know!

Any one know of some fun things to do with kids?

I have heard of a group of people who sit in an outside cafe and put a wallet on the sidewalk and when people bend down to pick it up they yank it away by the fishing line that is attached to it. If I remember correctly, these same people do this every year and take the day off of work and sit in this cafe all day.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not something we really think about in Australia, it may be more of a Northern Hemisphere thing. Like the idea of the Christmas sox and tie