April Great Pumpkin Day - events

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
For Kids: Half-O-Ween - Nickelodeon will celebrate the halfway mark to Halloween this Saturday, April 28th with a marathon of new Halloween-themed episodes starting at 1pm/12C, including iCarly, How to Rock, Victorious, Big Time Rush and SpongeBob Squarepants. They also have games on their websiteat www.nick.com

For adults in the PA area: The National Haunters Convention will be at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks on May4-May 6th. It says it will include over 150 booths featuring Halloween items, haunted attractions and have seminars in make-up, special effects and "Scare-ology" The Travel Channel is going to film the event.

Enjoy! Boo!

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wow! A dream come true. Wish there were things like that around here

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
That's neat. I wish there would be something like that here, but I guess we could celebrate it ourselves! If I didn't have the prom to cater, I would watch it!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I will have to let my kids know about it, they both gave games Saturday morning (t-ball and softball) but the rest of the day is open so they should be able to catch a few of the shows.

Philly isnt that far from me but my kids have games on those days...

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
This is great! Do you know if they will be doing stuff on Nick Jr. as well? My daughter is only 2 1/2.

Sorry...I don't see any mention of it on the Nick Jr. site. Maybe you can plan your own celebration? My younger son is 3 and I know we'll be watching "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" - it's his favorite. I'm also debating whether or not I want to make Halloween cookies...I may just buy the refrigerated dough and use the cookie cutters, rather than making them from scratch...I don't think they'll mind! ;)

Have fun!