August 20th-26th 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The last full week of August. I thought August was a slow month, maybe because I spent so much time out of the home. This week will be the week where I am at work 3 days ahead of 5 days next week. With CW needing surgery and chemotherapy starting October my weeks will all be a little up in the air. I do much better when I know what is ahead of me, I don't do well with "fluid" plans. I will use the week to get as far ahead with the HGP as I can as this is my focus at the moment. The weather should be cool but sunny days, typical of the last weeks of Winter.

Daily:
Water throughout day, especially as we have the heating on.
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise, brush teeth, lip balm, hand cream
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time

Weekly:
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*clean bathrooms (X)( )
*meal planning ( )
*general tidy up (X)
*clean fridge/freezers (X)
*tidy pantry/stockpile ( )
*make work lunches (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X) grocery shopping (fortnightly) (X)

Quarterly/Seasonal Goals:
June, July and August.....WINTER

*Baking day, try a new recipe and an old favourite (X)
*Target savings in bank (X) Set a new goal to hit buy the end of Winter, and save for cruise. Have full payment by December.
*Review word of the year ( )
*Visit DH's Uncle ( )
*Day trip to Yass ( )
*Day trip to Oura (X)
*Sort through and organise Family History (X) This is my Winter project for 2023, must get it done..it took 4 days but it is done!!!!
*Work on and post June Rudy Day (X)
*Work on and post CIJ (X)
*Work on and post wrapping party dates to post in August (X)
*Start planning HGP (X)
*Start decluttering for move next year (/ ) I have a plan for this at least, will ramp up during HGP
*Plan mini vacation to coast September (X)
*Holidays in September/October? ( )
*At least one no spend day/week per month (X)(X)(X)
*Start thinking ahead for Winter, meals (X) plans (X) celebrations (X) goals (X)

Extras:
Fun/Christmas prep:

*tidy gift closet ( )
*update planner (X)
*do something that is just for me ( )
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X) Using up scrap wool
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine (X) Goal for the year is to read 10. I have read 10
*continue looking for stocking fillers, gifts and supplies (X) My challenge for 2023 is to do great stockings, useful and interesting items.

This week:

*Connect with family via phone, email or text (X)
*Zoom meeting for DrillDance Sunday (X)
*Work Monday, Tuesday and Friday (X)
*Mammogram Wednesday (X)
*KIds over for dinner Wednesday (X)
*Look after grand dogs Wednesday night (X)
*Groceries with Mum Thursday (X)
*HGP Study (X) one more room if time (X) cleaned ensuite
*Harry's surgery follow up Friday (X)
*Day trip to farm Saturday ( ) I will stay home this week
*Harry physio twice a day (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)

5 Small chores:
* Wrap DH Father's Day gift (X)

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hey Katrina, I understand about the "fluid" plan. It's hard to plan that way. I don't know if this idea will help you or not. In the past, I set up a day or a block of time that was free to get things done off my list to do. It was put on my calendar so that if something came up at that time frame, I would say no. That was time for me to do what I wanted to do from that list. (Of course, there will be times like medical appointments, school/work meetings that I had to attend at some point, but for weekly planning purposes, it served me well in the past. )

This upcoming quarter, I'm going to mark off two blocks of time weekly: one for HHP and later in November/December for watching. the newly aired Christmas movies.

Daily:
  • Exercise
  • Prayer
  • Calendar Review of Appointments/Meetings
  • Reading
  • Writing
Weekly:
  • Dust/Vacuum/Mop
  • Bills
  • Laundry
  • Menu Planning
  • Groceries
  • End of Week Reflection
  • Set Research/Writing Goals
  • Weed Garden
Monthly:
  • -Living Room, Entrance, Dining Room and Front Porch:
    • Dust Blinds.
    • Sweep the front porch.
    • Clean the front door.
    • Wipe down the wall and door jambs.
    • Dust the chandelier.
    • Wipe down dining room chairs.
    • Declutter
  • Extra - As time permits, catch up from last week's assignment.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I set up a day or a block of time that was free to get things done off my list to do. It was put on my calendar so that if something came up at that time frame, I would say no. That was time for me to do what I wanted to do from that list. (Of course, there will be times like medical appointments, school/work meetings that I had to attend at some point, but for weekly planning purposes, it served me well in the past. )
I have done something like this for the next 2 weeks. I need to sit down with the bosses and CW and get at least a basic idea of what will be needed from me in October, Our new CW will only be working one day a week at this stage so I am hoping that I can rely on her to take an extra day at work so I can catch up on things at home.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This upcoming quarter, I'm going to mark off two blocks of time weekly: one for HHP and later in November/December for watching. the newly aired Christmas movies.
I love this. A perfect way to spend some time.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week was a whirlwind. I usually have a good amount of my list done by now. I'm hoping to get to the rest tomorrow morning.

I realized this week that I will have to make some big changes to my daily and weekly routines in order to alleviate potential stress from juggling the new work schedule with home life. I did move my exercise routine from 6:15 am to 5:30 am. My bedtime also moved to 9:30 pm. I'll be working on fine tuning everything else over the next few weeks.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I will be thinking of you as you transition to this new routine. It will be a change for sure but I know that you will rise to the challenge and make it all work for you. I know that you will remember to practice self care.