Baby Brother's soon-to-be baby

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

RosieLB

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
Hi!

My baby brother (he's 27) and his wife are expecting their first child. He's a little nervous about his impending fatherhood (I think...the wimmenfolk have all agreed that he seems a little off lately...worried...quiet...hovering over our dsil).

So, I'd already planned to send dsil little gifts each month to pamper her during her pregnancy. I suddenly feel as though baby bro deserves some pampering as well.

My only problem is I'm not sure quite how to go about it.

What would you get for a firsttime father?

Baby won't be born until August, so I've got some months to plan for.

Thanks for your help! :pink:

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Depends on his likes:

My husband got a can of beer and bubble bath (in oil like container) from my Grandma

They have cute daddy tool belts

His favorite snacks

Special daddy book (I think Billy Crystal wrote a cute one)

A bib that says I love My Daddy

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
this tool belt is so cute-
http://www.babyshowerstuff.com/daddiapdutde.html
You could make one up yourself, though.
you could also add peepee teepee's.LOL! just in case it's a boy!
How about his and hers diaper bags-a nice masculine one for your DB.
How about a gift certificate for photo Christmas cards.
You could leave a bassinet on their doorstep with all the wrapped presents in it and then wrap them in a recieving blanket with instructions to take good care of them and just open one a week or something.
So much fun!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Ask all the men in the family to write down their words of advice for the new father. Put them into a little album, have each member sign under his advice.

Ask all the mothers for their advice on what they would have like their husband to do for them while waiting for the big birth day!

Put together a photo album with photos of your brother as a baby.

I love the "Daddy in training" baseball cap idea.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
We are already giving my brother little things and his baby will be here in July. He was proudly showing his first baby picture (sonogram) to everyone on Christmas Eve. He copied it on to photo paper so that he could carry it in his wallet. He is going to make such a great dad.

For christmas he received a box of little baby stuff that we all put together for him. We added Daddy's girl and Daddy's boy bibs, rattles, bottles, and other things that I can't think of this early. We did a girl and boy of everything. Since its too early to tell what the baby is.

RosieLB

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
Ahorsesoul said:
Ask all the men in the family to write down their words of advice for the new father. Put them into a little album, have each member sign under his advice.

That is fantastic!

Actually, all the ideas are great. I love the diaper changing tool belt! :-D and the thought of peepee teepees makes me giggle.

Oh yes, Auntie (me) is going to have a wonderful time with this!