Bacon wrap your Turkey this year

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
It does sound yummy. I wonder how the bacon would change the perfect crispy golden brown skin of the bird. I am always afraid to try these things on the special day. I guess I am too traditional. ;)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
candysprinkles,
I'm with you on this. I won't try this during this season. I might try it on a roasting chicken.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
OOOOHhhhhh! Gonna have to give this a try someday!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow -- don't ya just wish we could cut into that picture and taste it? I tried something similar to this once years ago (back when the kids were tiny, and I could experiement because things didn't have to be "just so"). As I recall it tasted good but the bacon shrank and it threw off the beautiful browning of the turkey. Some parts were whiter than others. Mine wasn't woven though and that may hold it better and it looks like they bolted that bacon net on somehow. Wonder if pre-cooked bacon might hold together better? (But then you wouldn't have as much of that sinfully good bacon fat dribbling over your bird).

It would be fun to experiment on a smaller bird for a Sunday dinner. Not sure I'd try again on Thanksgiving. If someone does, please give us a review! You know the guys would love it!