Black Friday Predictions

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nice article... 42 inch tvs for $249 and $299??? good deal!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Our Boxing Day, I think, is NOTHING like your Black Friday deals. Wow - but the crowds must be nuts!

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
The crowds are SO crazy that people have actually been trampled, injured, etc. Many people stay up all night even waiting outside in the cold at some stores to get a place in line or take a number or ticket to get a big ticket item. Since there are big crowds and many people are over-tired or on edge, it can be pretty insane at times.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
I try to make my transactions with store employees as cheerful as possible. And I always end our conversation with a good luck! These people are working very hard for long hours on these days so I think that people should be nice to them!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've never had a really crazy Black Friday experience - I avoid the major shopping area in our region and stick to the south side of town which has lots of lots of stores to choose from. Still busy - but not crazy! :)

DH has to work this year, so I am on my own. DS's daycare is open that day so I will probably get up super early for doorbusters - while DH is still home - then come back in time to take DS to daycare and then keep shopping from there until my energy or my $ give out - whichever comes first!

I can't WAIT!!! :)

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
That's a very interesting article. I am excited to see the ads for Black Friday even if I don't go shopping that day. However, the right item with the right price tag might just change that!

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
Isn't it true that these deals are online also? At least some of them? I thought I had heard that, I still enjoy going out before dawn to head to the fun that is Black Friday! I can't wait!

:turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It will be very very interesting... to see what the 2011 Black Friday will look like! I have read that many merchants are shifting their Christmas inventory.... towards things people need to buy.... rather than "luxury"... or unnecessary, impulse gifts.

Of course.... men are still going to want electronics... and so are teenagers.

I have read that "churches" have been hit hard by the recession. One friend, on the finance committee of her church, said that their pledges went down by 50% last year. And financial things seem to be getting worse this year.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Interesting.

I always wind up visiting on Thanksgiving/Black Friday so I can't really hit the local sales. Well, I can check out what's left on Monday.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
Its getting closer! I am actually going to go out this am and buy a paper to see the ads for this week. I know several stores were trying to get a jump start on doing the sales this year.

We get the local paper but it doesn't have any ads in it like for instance Target so I will go pick up a paper. Even if I don't buy anything this week its still fun to look.

I plan to start making my preparation list for Black Friday today. I need to know who is left to buy for so I don't overspend this year. Can't afford to do that this time around.

Santa is feeling the squeeze more than ever this year!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I love shoppigng on Black Friday! Sometimes, there's a deal I am after, but mostly, I just like the excitement of it all. For me it's like entering Pandora's Box. Two years ago, we rented a hotel since our big shopping town is 50 miles away. We'll see for this year.

DD18 thinks she wants a camera. DD14 wants an ereader. DGSs are getting a dual player portable dvd player for using in the car. I'll see if there are any deals for those.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Oh.... I like that, missjane! In fact.... I LOVE making a "family" event out of a Christmas "occasion"!!! One year, our entire extended family went to a huge mall.... for the After-Christmas Sales.... it was about 15 years ago.... when the big sales were AFTER Christmas. It was so much fun.... to go together.... and have breakfast and dinner together. Dh and I didn't buy anything for ourselves.... I think we gave lots of cash that year.... and just enjoyed seeing our loved ones get great bargains!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
In our area a lot of stores are having several weeks of Black Fridays this month. I think they are hoping to cut down on the crowds and increase their sales for the month.

sloanmama

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2009
Ohio
some don't like spoilers... some do. If you don't mind them, the following website actually has the ad scans for the Black Friday ads. You can subscribe to their website and get the ad notices right to your email if you like. They post the ads as they come in.

http://www.blackfriday.info/

I don't mind looking at them early, some people don't like to spoil the fun and that's fine. Despite looking at them early, I still get the biggest thrill out of sitting for hours on Thanksgiving Day browsing the actual/physical ads. So much fun. We shop til we drop and I agree with ChristmasCheerSpredr... I'm always polite to the cashiers (and the waiters/waitresses at refueling times). It's got to be a tough day for them and they probably see more "attitude" than "holiday cheer".

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I love looking ahead and doing some planning. But love the ads as well. So fun. Not sure what I am on the look out for, but I enjoy dragging mom around. We will be there this year so I am going to have to plan differently this year for stores in different places.

Kate 510

Retire Member
Feb 11, 2011
I enjoy looking through the ads for black friday. I'm looking forward to spending black friday shopping with my sister and daughter.