Black Friday shopping this year?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have you started your Black Friday shopping yet?

Kohls sale went online in the wee small hours of the morning today (11/24/14)

I got a play kitchen for a "big" gift for this year - so excited!

I plan to hit Meijer's sale and Walmart too - but mostly to restock clothing for DS - PJs, underoos, things like that. :)

Anyone else have big plans for BF? Are you getting a lot of gifts for Christmas or just deals that make sense for your family?

Personally, I've found that I get a great deal on winter coats for DS on BF - I'll buy one the next size up and put it away for the following year.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I am going to do some shopping on Friday. A mix of personal and gifts, but more gifts. I don't do shopping Thursday and I don't wait in line, we'll just enjoy the day and see where it takes us.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Yes - Much of my shopping for Christmas will be done over this weekend. Cyber shopping though for the most part. Might see how I feel on Friday and see if DD wants to brave the crowds. I use this weekend as my deadline to pull the trigger on my big purchases (especially on the things that will be selling out as Christmas draws near). Still don't really have a game plan though. Need those lists from the kids! I need puppy supplies (crate, bed, toys etc). I'll be looking for deals on those.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
Cindylouwho, I don't know if you have a tractor supply in your area or not, but I saw in their sale paper that they are having the dog kennels 50% off on Friday. You may even be able to order it online at that price.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Cindylouwho, I don't know if you have a tractor supply in your area or not, but I saw in their sale paper that they are having the dog kennels 50% off on Friday. You may even be able to order it online at that price.

Thanks for the tip! There is one about an hour from us so will check them out online. If they are having a sale it could also mean my local farm supply store might too. Hadn't thought of them!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I don't do Black Friday shopping. I wouldn't be able to handle the crowds and rude people and all that. My in-laws do religiously though, every year. I have looked online before but never find the good deals or there aren't any for what i'm looking for.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Black Friday sales are being advertised here - most was a whole weekend thing with doorcrasher items for early bird shoppers.

We didn't attend, as there was nothing on my list on sale!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
We stopped at a Walmart on our way home from MI Saturday and it was not busy at all. There were many cashiers standing and looking quite bored. I remembered see an ad saying they would have all the lanes open for shoppers this weekend. I don't shop BF I am usually done shopping.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Lettuce and electronics

Dh went to Walmart when the ads had selling time for items we/he wanted. He said it went very well. Of course you had to find where they stashed the items you wanted. He wanted a tablet for my stepmother. Then for check out they had everyone in a line and people directed you to an open check-out. He said it was well organized as long as you didn't mind standing by the lettuce to find an electronic device. lol

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
DH & I actually ventured out Thursday night w/sis & her boyfriend. We found some great deals on dvds at Walmart & Best Buy. Target had the PS games we wanted for gifts for half price. Honestly the traffic & crowds were light, but we didn't get out until late (8pm).

I also placed my annual Thanksgiving Day order w/Barnes & Noble. Of course, 1 item I order was cheaper at Best Buy, but I can live w/one missed deal.