Blank Stares

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I just don't share my cleaning plans with dh. lol

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Oh, the looks and eye rolls I would get if hubby saw my blue notebook (where I keep my grand plan cleaning schedule). I have not mentioned a thing to him or to Kiddo.

I did mention it to my mom and all I got was silence. When she finally spoke she asked me "didn't you just declutter your house this summer?". I said I was going for round #2 and again I had silence on the other end of the phone. She started to join me this summer but she never finished. I invited her to do the grand plan with me-- nope not biting.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I don't share either. My DH thinks I am nuts enough as it is!!

:party: Melanie

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Just last night I was saying that in 2 weeks the HGP starts. (my first year) I hadmy notebook on the loveseat and my younger sister brought her 2 girls out to stay awhile and she saw the notebook and just said "Lana, a whole notebook!" I said don't worry--you do your thing and I do mine!" LOL I think I can adapt her over little by little. MY DH, DS, and DD just kinda look at me.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
My husband doesn't really care how its done as long as its clean. He won't clean a thing himself, so I think he knows better than to question my methods, lol.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I was thinking about men and housecleaning plans. They of all people should understand the importance. All sports coaches have "play books", mechanics have manuals and CEOs have a plan for the company. These housecleaning plans are the exact same thing!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I actually was talking about HGP with DH just last night!

I showed him my binder with all of my tasks listed out by week.

He was teasing me about my "list making" mania as he calls it. But he at least acknowledged that it is good that I am trying to do all this stuff for the house.

No offers to help, though! :haha:

Which isn't really fair, DH works twice as many hours as me and he has home improvement projects/furniture building on the side.

Although I did get him to promise to replace the lightbulb in the attic for me! Woo-hoo! One very important task already crossed off my list!

:rotflol:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
As long as I am the one delegated to do "it", he is my cheerleader :-D and willing ear.

My dh is always looking for ways to better my cleaning habits. He is all for anything I bring his way. He knows I do flylady and I even proudly wear my Purple flylady shirt while cleaning in the house. I EVEN wear it outside when grocery shopping. He does not care either way.... He has been known to say "OH flylady lets go!!" He doesn't mind the flylady calendar either since it is so big and we are a family of 6 so it works for us!!!

Hmmmm...He has been known to say oh flylady would be so embarrassed LOL.

He knows I do the Holiday Grand Plan as well and knows I have a huge 4inch binder with everything in it and I also have a control journal. He is all for it.

He is always asking how he can help but I am usually the one who says oh i'll do it, he hates that but I can't help saying it. I have been a bit better at asking for helping and he is very grateful for me asking because he hates to see the house a mess. He also picks up after himself.

No he doesn't have any brothers LOL ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

wantabe

Retire Member
Jan 11, 2008
Southwest Georgia
I know from past experience not to bother to say anything to DH about any future cleaning plans. He would be skeptical (due to past attempts on my part) and hurt my feelings without meaning to. Then, DH would try to be encouraging--but it would be too late and I would probably just skip the whole plan altogether.

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I usually only share with my DDs and 1 Dfriend. No one else would understand LOL

My husband definately wouldnt understand.

RosieLB

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yep...I don't generally mention cleaning plans to dh. It might hurt his feelings. I like to wait until he is out of the house before I tackle any big project.

DH is my house husband - he works part-time from home and I guess I'm the primary breadwinner. He gets a daily list of things to do, and it really good about small cleaning, but I'm still the better housekeeper (don't tell him I said that...but really...when he misses the layer of dust that has gathered on the mantle because he "doesn't see it", c'mon!). I couldn't do without his daily help...but I still like to clean my own way - a major cleaning - every now and then.