Books by Kathy Peel

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
While searching the Internet I found Kathy Peel with its homepage www.familymanager.com
From a very first point of view (and some articles I read in the Internet) I think she might have some very helpful hints for organizing your home and family. So I think to buy one (or more) of her books, but they are quite expensive here.

Have you read one or more of following books by Kathy Peel:

- Desperate Households
- The Busy Mom's Guide to a Happy, Organized Home
- The Busy Couple's Guide to Sharing the Work and the Joy

I read some reviews already but they vary from very positively to not very helpful. So do you have experiences with one of her books? And do you have a favorite?

Thanks!
Chilli

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Never heard of her but it is worth looking into. Off to see her website. thanks!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I just ordered her Fast Track book from our local library. Never heard of her before. tfs

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The Library had "The family manager takes charge". I just browsed it but I think I like it very much. Not sure I'd pay for it but I am not one to buy very many books.

So far I love her mission statement and am thinking I might use it too:

"To creat a home full of love and comfort, order and flexibility, stimulation and relaxation."

1. See yourself as a true Manager
2. Manage by Departments
3. Have a base of Operation
4. Know your Mission
5. Dream Big
6. Work Smarter
7. Maximize your Strengths
8. Build a Team and Delegate
9. Know you Managing Style
10. Be Prepared

There are lists of things to do under her Team Cleaning Plan (and she does list what children can do by age groups 9Preschooler-Help wipe up spills)

I'd order more of her books from the library. I really think once the book is read you'll be able to find most of the info online. But it is nice to have a book in hand.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Ahorseoul: Thanks a lot for your posting! It gives a good overview, Unfortunately these books are not available in libraries here. So buying is the only chance to get them. Maybe I find similar information in the web as well

But as you said: having a book in hands is something different :)

Chilli