Bunco party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

VictorianChristmas

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2008
Oregon
I want to start a Bunco party with my friends. I use to do it but I was just a sub. I thought it would be fun for all the moms and grandmas to get out. So many of my friends say it is really hard to get together so if we had a set schedule it would be fun. Then we can have finger foods and coffee. I thought this would be fun. Has anyone started a bunco group? It seems pretty easy.

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Bunco is a lot of fun. It's a game played with dice. You need at least 12 people to have three tables of 4 people each. There are kits you can order that have the dice, mats, scorecards, etc. OR - you can make your own. Have fun!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I've been playing Bunco with the same core group for over 17 years. We plan with 8 people. It's a lot of fun. We meet monthly on a rotating schedule. The hostess for the month buys prizes from the money we've donated the month before and makes dinner. We give first, second, third, Bunco and boobie prizes.

I had it at my house last week. Check out my blog for more details! Scroll down to last Thursdays' post!

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I started playing with a Bunco group in the fall. So much fun.

Our group is set up like this:

We have up to 16 players each month.
We play on the 2nd Tues of the month at 7pm. Rotating houses.
The hostess has finger foods and it is BYO drink and the True Bunco prize for the night (I think it is a $15 limit/goal for the prize)
We each contribute $5 to the pot.
The player who wins the most games for the night gets the money in the pot minus $5 which goes back to the player who had the most loses for the night.
The True Bunco prize gets passed around UNOPENED each time a player gets a true Bunco. The player holding the prize when the last round is won gets the True Bunco prize.

It is a blast and a good girl's night out!

pixiestick

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow, Cathymac, 17 years! That's pretty amazing!

Bunco is a blast! We play it every year at our New Year's Eve party, and find it's a great way to get guests to mingle and also involve the wee ones. We had 5 tables of players from 6 to 60 last time. We have a special 'bunco hat' that you get to wear when you get a bunco.

I noticed that WalMart/Fred Meyer/Target sold Bunco packages with dice, score pads, etc. There is also a site online that has a score printout available. Try googling 'bunco'.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Holiday Joy-what's even more amazing to me is that three of us went to elementary school together! I've known them and been good friends for over 40 years!! Isn't that cool??

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh it's a blast! Ours is similar in some ways to PixieStick's. I've been playing for a year and our group has been playing for 10 years. It is a fabulous way to get to know people in your community!

Our's is set up like this:

We have 16+ players each month. If have an odd # that doesn't average 4 per table, we just set up a dummy at one or more tables and someone for that table rolls twice and monitors the dummy's scorecard.
Our group is all women. The husband's and kids are sent out for the evening the night of the party, so it's just girls.
Music is loud and the pace for the evening is fast!
We play on the 2nd Wed of the month at 7:30pm. Rotating houses. Loser hosts the next party. Party concludes at 10:30pm. We shoot for three rounds, but if we aren't on time we only do 2.
The hostess provides finger foods, alcohol, mandatory candy, 2 main prizes valued $5-10 max (one for highest score, and one for most Buncos), plus little $.50-$1 prizes for each Bunco.
We each contribute $5 to the pot.
The player who wins the most games for the night gets the money in the pot minus $5 which goes back to the player who had the most losses for the night.
The loser goes home with the Bunco Bucket, which has all the dice and such needed for the next month's game.

Fun Fun Fun!!

KansasChristmas

MHH Member
Jan 7, 2008
I have been playing with my Bunko group for about 10 years now.
We get together every second Tuesday of the month.
There are 12 girls in our group.
Hostesses for that month supply food and drinks
Cost is $3.00 to play
Money prizes to go people that have:
Most Bunkos
Second most Bunkos
Most wins
Second most wins
Most losses
We take time off from playing June thru August since some of our ladies have children... can't miss all the summer sports and vacations!
In December one half of the group brings food and all of us bring a wrapped ornament to have an ornament exchange.

We have TONS of fun and LOTS of laughs!!

:party: