Cans and Comforters

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Hi everyone,

Things are a little tighter for us this year, so I have really been amping up my sale radar. I have noticed that in my area canned foods and bedding has really been going on sale recently. We are really going to be careful about the thermostat this fall. I've been checking at discount stores as well as at the mall and found some really good deals on throws, blankets and comforter sets. My church collects blankets for the local mission so I've been able to get some for my home as well as others.

I've also noticed that there are lots of deals on canned goods at Kroger. We are going to be having canned food drives at my daughters' school, at church and several other organizations in the area. I'm trying to make sure that I have some things stocked up while I see them on sale so that I will have something to give when the time comes.

Just some thoughts on ways to save for yourself and still be able to give to others.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Stressless - Excellent suggestions! How nice of you to think about others, too. Picking up blankets and canned food now will make it much easier to give later. Thanks for sharing.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It is a really good idea to stock up when you see things on sale. We often do canned food drives here for other folk for over Christmas, so stocking up now would ensure I have a good supply ready.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Actually a great idea the two younger ones have can drive at school. We do one at the end of the football season and Kayla has one for scouts. I think I should start stocking up

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
It is a great idea to buy extra items on sale, there are always loads of food drives (my boys schools and parish) this time of year!

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I never thought about shopping for can foods ahead of time!! Most of the can food/non perishable food drives are around the holidays and I am always so busy. Sometimes I end up giving some of the foods I bought ahead of time to use for my holiday cooking. lol! Thank you for such a great idea. I am setting up a bag to put the food in for the food drives this weekend, and I'll try to add each week.