Cathy's Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Several asked for my Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding recipe over in Seasonal Celebrations. So, here it is! I just use a basic bread pudding (my absolute favorite dessert) and jazz it up however my little heart desires. Here's the basic and some ideas to change it up.

Cathy's Bread Pudding-basic recipe

1 loaf day old French bread or 8 slices of bread, cubed and left out to dry for about an hour
1/2 cup sugar
4 beaten eggs
4 cups milk, cream or half and half (or a combination)
1 stick melted butter
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves

Put the bread cubes into a buttered or sprayed large casserole dish or a 13x9x2 baking pan. Mix together the sugar, eggs, milk and butter and spices, pour over bread. Let it set for about 30 minutes. Place the baking pan into a larger baking pan, and carefully pour hot water in the larger pan, until the water reaches about half way up the sides of the smaller pan. Put in a preheated 350 degree oven for one hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

I serve mine with whipped cream or a sauce of melted butter, powdered sugar and a little rum or rum extract, all whisked together and poured over the pudding while it's hot. Oh, so good!!

Variations:
*Use cinnamon rolls instead of most or all of the bread.
*Use flavored liquid coffee creamer in place of the about half of the milk. Hazelnut is yummy, and so is caramel vanilla.
*Use eggnog instead of about half the milk, and replace the cloves with nutmeg.
*Use croissants or donuts instead of most or all of the bread
*You could add any dried fruit you like-apricots, raisins, cranberries would all be good.

That's it!!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Thanks for the recipe! I can't wait to try it! I :heartbeat: bread pudding too.

Gadler

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2008
Thank you so much for this recipe Cathy. Its on my menu for Saturday! Can't wait to try it!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thank you so much for posting the recipe! I can't wait to try it!

:jumpinghearts:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Can anyone enlighten me as to how much a stick of butter is please? Here in the UK butter is sold in blocks or tubs of about 500g.

Am looking forward to trying your recipe Cathymac, have it printed and ready to go.

:bigsnow:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Thanks for that Lana, I can give it a go.

bun1

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
YUMMY! Printing now...thanks Cathy!