Christmas Countdown begins Oct 21!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Can you believe it? It feels like Christmas in July just finished a few weeks ago and now its time for the Christmas Countdown already? Pinch me, please!

http://christmas.organizedhome.com/christmas-countdown

Who else is planning to follow the CC this year? Will you be mixing and matching it up with another holiday plan?

What are your tips and tricks for success? Or for not being too hard on ourselves? :)

Who would like to post the weekly threads this year? Or do we just jump in as needed to do that?

I'm a little excited, can't you tell?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Wow, I hadn't even thought about the CC yet! Yikes! I guess I better get busy planning. Thanks for the reminder !

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I think this is the one for me this year. I just can't do the others and work, too. Oh, will retirement ever get here?!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
AuntJamelle.... THANK YOU for starting this thread! AND... for including the link..... so we can sign up to get DAILY email messages.... about the Christmas Countdown!!!

I have completely missed the boat.... for the other two Christmas Prep Plans! So..... this is IT!!!!!

Gradually over the years.... our "extended family" celebrations..... have been less and less and less about gifts! (Except for the children! ALWAYS.... gifts for the children.... are part of the magic! And are joy for everyone!)

Things have become MORE simple. MORE about the "time spent together". Less about "things" exchanged!

So.... there IS plenty to prepare! AND.... I think the "Christmas Countdown"... will cover it nicely!!!!!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Thanks for the heads up, Aunt Jamelle! I really need this one to save me...I fell woefully behind on the HGP/HHW.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Thanks so much for the heads-up! I've been so looking forward to the Countdown and I wouldn't want to miss the beginning. (I can't afford to!)

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Thank you. I signed up for the e-mails yesterday.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Yikes! I thought I had until November. My summer seasonal job ends Sunday...just in time. I have some stuff done gifts purchased etc. It is the cleaning where I am so far behind... DH said he would paint the kitchen while he was on vacation in Nov. I have to shorten the curtains and make valances with the fabric I cut off. The list running through my head is overwhelming. (inhale, exhale slowly) Okay, that's why we have a list and Christmas Count down Baby steps baby steps baby steps baby steps....

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks for the "Heads up" ! I started with the HGP but my FAVORITE plan is the Christmas Countdown !!!

I am so ready to start. It will have to wait til the 23rd, as I am not at home right now but I'll be ready to roll then :)

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Ready. Well, almost :)

I miss it up with the HGP - as I like to start earlier and need the time to clean!