Christmas Decor for bedrooms

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
We have holiday flannel sheets for all of the beds. In the master bedroom I have a dark blue duvet cover with appliqued snowflakes. In the guest bedroom I use a cranberry bedspread that we bought years ago on a trip to Williamsburg. ASide from the flannels, my boys have Christmas nightlights (thank you, Grandma!) and small personalized stockings in their rooms. The boys' tree is in the family room though. Last year it was all hot wheels and monster trucks, but those may need to share space with Elmo and the sesame street gang this year to represent my little guy, too!

Each bathroom has holiday themed towels and rugs, and I have a growing collection of holiday fleece throws that I bought AFTER the holidays last year.

charliebrownxmas

Retire Member
Jan 6, 2008
I have never really decorated my bedroom for Christmas, other than tying some red ribbons around the necks of my sock monkeys. I'm thinking a Christmassy throw on the bed would be a nice touch.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
I have so much in christmas decor that every room in my house is decorated as my friends sat it looks like santa's home as there are garlands with lights and ceramic pieces and my village which is large also stugged decor and animated as i also have fiber-optic pieces around and my kitchen potholders and towels as i said everything is christmas and my two trees one white and my green one and the outside is done as well.:stocking:

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
All I do to decorate our bedroom is tie swags of greenery, including juniper with blue berries, (blue bedroom) to the bedposts with green and blue plaid ribbon. I tie a smaller version to the candle sconces above the bed.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Christmas Rose - that sounds so pretty!

How long does the fresh juniper last? DH would have a fit if I put up stuff that started to dry out and drop bits and pieces anywhere.

He had one too many painful experiences with dried out Christmas tree needles coming into contact with bare feet as a child...he is just not a big fan of ANYTHING fresh in the house now... {sigh}

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Well, I should've been more specific! I use juniper mixed with other greenery on my living room mantel, and it dries out very quickly, and gets very sticky (as in sharp stickers), but it looks good for quite a while. Since it's over the bed in the bedroom, I use real evergreens, except for the juniper, which is artificial!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I've done various things in the boys' rooms

One year, in the little boys shared room we had a 6' live tree with cowboy stuff on it...red, white and blue mini lights (their room is red, white and blue), with bandanas, ropes, mini hats and other cowboy "stuff". One year they each had their own little trees-J had a sports theme with little mini footballs, soccer balls and baseballs on it-really cute. B had a John Deere theme. Last year they had the snowman tree in their room.

I love this!! I'm picturing one with rocket ships on it!