Christmas Elves with a difference.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

mummysnowflake2614

Retire Member
Jul 2, 2008
Nr Swansea in south wales, uk
Hello all

Am a returning MHH visitor. Have had a hard year but my festive spirit has now been fully rebooted and have had a big bit of luck and now Christmas is not full of dread like it was and with the little win I had it will change our lives for the better so am well and truely feelign festive and happy today.

Anyway, each year we get a Christmas visitor for my son Ben, he is now 6 but our difference is we don't have an elf visit but we have an animal come to visit.

This was 2009

This is Merry. He came to visit us because Mrs Claus was so busy making cookies for all the elves to keep them full and happy whilst they made the gifts that she couldn't keep an eye on Merry and she kept falling over him because he likes to sleep in the kitchen. Plus he was being a mischief and sneaking the cookies away that she had made. So he came to stay with us for the Christmas season. Mrs Claus checked in now and then and when he started to be a mischief then she would leave tasks to keep him occupied like decorating the tree, making paper chains, writing xmas cards etc

This will be this year

I would like to introduce Jingle.
I think she may come to us because Mrs Claus has found her curled up sleeping in the reindeer's beds, and we cant have tired reindeer on Christmas Eve! so would we mind watching her. I think I may find a little bell for her ribbon too.

I tend to get these from Charity shops and then think up ideas for them but they always have lots of fun and games ready and lots of activities to keep my little boy occupied. Plus he loves sitting down with a hot chocolate and some biscuits, cuddled under a blanket watching an Xmas film with them.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Cute idea, and keeps it interesting year after year.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Great idea! I love your avatar!!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
So sweet! I'm sure Ben loves it. Do any of the previous animals come back for a visit? Glad to see you back!