Christmas in July Day 23

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well I'm back from Santa Claus Indiana....what a FUN place to visit during Christmas in July...that and the hot hot dry weather has me dreaming of SNOW!!

Tell us about the weather during Christmas where you live...

Here is Missouri...you never know...we have had inches of lovely white snow some years and actually fairly warm weather other years....

my fave...is a light dusting...and inch or less of snow....oh if only Mother Nature would cooperate!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
When we lived in Kansas, sometimes we would have several inches of snow and others it hardly snowed at all during the season.

Here is upstate New York i've been told that we will get lots and lots of snow but we haven't been here through a winter yet so we'll have to wait and see. I'm excited for it though.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
It depends. It's usually snowy or rainy and always COLD!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I'm semi costal in Virginia and you also never know. We don't usually get snow but have had snow, ice storm, cold, mild... last yr it was nice the kids were outside playing.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I live in the central valley of California, so there is never snow here. It snowed for a few minutes twice in my life, when I was five and when I was nine, 3 times if you count the 10 seconds of snow I saw falling 2 years ago.....but I keep hoping. Since we are in the valley, it is overcast most the winter, but I like that. Feels alot more Christmassy than the sun shining. Since we are more Northern California, we are in the 30's at night and mid 40's to mid 50's during the day.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
On Long Island it can be snow or rain and temps can be from the 20's to the 60's.

Probably the optimum for us would be sunny with temps in the 30's.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Here in northern Indiana, Christmas weather is all over the map! Some years we get a true white Christmas, but not for a long time now!

Sometimes we get a dusting. Most often we get snow in November or early December and then we have a thaw so that everything is melted and muddy by the time Christmas arrives.

Then the heavy snows arrive in January.

It would be nice to have a white Christmas this year! But not so much snow that it isn't safe to travel!

I don't want much, do I? :)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Here in Northern Louisiana only once have we had snow at Christmas in my lifetime. We, too, can be all over the place with temps. I've seen times that it was in the 30s or a little below, and we have also had to run the A/C on lots of them, which is my least favorite because I am not in the spirit no matter how much I decorate and try to be!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
In east central Indiana, we have had it all. For Samuel's first Christmas, we had 9 inches of snow overnight, so my parents weren't able to come. Last year was warmish and sunny. I'm with Debbie~snow (but NOT on the streets) and sunny! :0) Temps in the upper 30s to low 40s.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
Here where i live now which is on the line mass-vermont we get pretty good snows neighbors said one year it was three feet so i'm looking forward to my first fall and winter here as it can get very cold as well.:elf:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Western Wisconsin

If there isn't snow it's cold. Unusual not to have snow for us.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Québec, Canada

Mostly cold & snow here. A few times it was melted but still cold, but usually we have White Christmases.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Here in north central Oklahoma it varies. It is not unusual for us to have a white Christmas(which I love). Year before last we had so much snow that many roads were impossible to go through. Last year no snow but cold. Several years ago it was a warm 80 degrees on Christmas Day. We were out riding horses without even a light jacket. You just never know what you are going to get here.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
In Southern IL it can be several inches of snow or icy roads or really nice temps. I remember back maybe 10 or 15 yrs. ago hanging sheets out on the line on Christmas Day. I love for snow to be falling and then coming out from midnight mass and seeing the stain glass windows and hearing the singing.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I live on the SW coast of Louisiana near the Gulf of Mexico. We generally have very mild winters. Most Christmas's we still running the A/C, but year before last we actually had snow flurries. Life comes to a screeching halt anytime we have snow flurries let alone any accumulation. It's rare and only once actually on Christmas Day in my 51 years here. It's either warm and windy or cool and rainy most years. Never cool enough for layered clothing.

snowgoose

MHH Member
Here in UK Christmas is cold but can be grey or bright blue skies and occasionally we get a White Christmas. This is fairly rare now but happened quite often when I was a child in the 1940s/50s.

sunshine

Retire Member
Jun 23, 2008
Here in central IL we can get quite a mix of weather in December - sometimes all in the same day! Generally speaking, it's cold and we like to have enough snow to go sledding on Christmas.

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
Here in Utah along with Wasatch Front it's almost always different. We've had years where it started snowing on Christmas and eve and into Christmas day. Years where we had snow on the ground, but nothing new. Last year we didn't have any snow for Christmas, those are NOT my favorite. I prefer the hard and heavy snow. I know, I'm sick, at least that's what I'm told, but there is something about the snow that just makes me happy.