Christmas Tree Poll

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Do you have a fake or real tree or both?

• Artifical Tree

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Real Tree

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Both

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Fake or Real??

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We always had real trees when I was growing up but as an adult we have fake trees because I like to put it up right after Thanksgiving.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I grew up with real and did real when we were first married but I used to come home for a month after Christmas and after coming home to a dead tree we went to fake. Plus sine stay up longer

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Never had a real one, but I love the smell! I like to put mine up right after Thanksgiving, too, so it's artificial for me. I do like a real wreath, though, for the front door.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Like so many of the others, growing up the tree was always real. On my own and after marriage it was artificial. For our first three years of marriage the artificial tree was actually a ceramic one my husband's mother made. That never seemed like a Christmas tree to me so I eagerly awaited our first child's second Christmas to be able to push for something that looked like a tree.

Charlotte

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Fake for us. It's the only way I can have a 9 foot tree. I also like to be able to keep it up longer as well.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The last real one I had made me decide not to have another. I was vacuuming up needles for at least ten years afterwards. Those little needles burrowed down into our carpet and kept creeping out little by little. lol When I miss the wonderful smell I make a small arrangement with fresh branches.

I had one artificial tree that people would go touch because they didn't believe it was fake.

sunshine

Retire Member
Jun 23, 2008
Fake or Real??

Real - always. We had decided one year to get an artificial one, and the kids were ok with it. . . but a friend was thinning out his patch and gave us a real tree. . . my oldest started dancing around singing - "it's really gonna be Christmas, cause we have a TREE!"

Even though the kids are all grown and flown now. . . I still do a real tree every year.