Christmas Visitors!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
I got a call this week from my sister. She asked if I would mind if she and her family of 6 spent 3-4 days with me on their way to my parents' house (where we'll all meet for Christmas). They are planning to be here Dec 17-21.

I'm so excited! I have always wanted to have my family in my home at Christmastime. This is like a dream come true for me (and I knew you fellow Christmas fans would understand).

I got my Christmas notebook out and have been writing like madwoman. I've got so many ideas swirling around in my head I just HAD to get it all down on paper and organized. So much to do and only ~gulp~ a little over 4 weeks to get it done. But I'm going to enjoy every minute of putting it all together.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
That is such great news. I am so happy for you.

Can't wait to hear about all of your great plans.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yea!! for you!!! Have fun!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
JodyLynn, at last! Your dream come true. Have so much fun with having them there. Where will everyone sleep? What will you feed them? Will you be having to work while they are there? Planning, planning, fun, and adventure!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Charge up your camera for some great shots.

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
Thanks all! I knew you all would celebrate with me.

As far as sleeping arrangements, I have 3 bedrooms, so my sis and her hubby will sleep in the largest guest bedroom. The girls will sleep in the smaller bedroom with 2 twin beds, and the boys will sleep in the family room (I have a pull out couch and a futon down there). My only worry is that the all the bedrooms are on the 2nd floor and the family room is in the finished basement. I hope the boys (ages 12 and 8) won't be scared down there. Need to talk that over with Sis before their visit. If she thinks it might be a problem, I can sleep in the family room and give them my room.

I am a little worried about meals. I would love to do up a couple freezer meals but the kids don't really like casseroles. So I've been surfing the internet looking for any non-casserole type freezer meals. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm also planning on putting some decorations in all the bedrooms. I have decorations for all of them (including my bedroom) except for the largest guest room. I have a tabletop tree for that room, but no decorations that match the decor (teal and ivory), so I'll need to pick up a few of those. I also want to buy a large tree for the family room. I think I have enough decorations for that one, but need to buy the tree.

One thing I'd like to do is have a mini-Christmas morning while they're here. I plan on getting some small gifts for them to open while we sit around the tree. Our big "real" Christmas morning will be at parents' house on Christmas morning, but I'd like to have a taste of Christmas at my house.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I made a quick easy meal for company last night. Taco Rice. Yep, no shells just taco ingredients served on rice. Everyone went back for seconds and thirds. I cooked the meat ahead of time, dumped it into a crock-pot. I made the rice in a rice cooker. Everything else was cut up ahead of time except the avocado. Use instant rice if you do not have a rice cooker.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-ki...tep-itadakimasu-okinawan-takoraisu-taco-rice/

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm so happy for you! I think you have everything well planned out. I like to freeze homemade spaghetti sauce, then you could pull it out and serve it over any kind of macaroni you'd like. I have a slow cooker sauce on my blog too, that is delish and easy to make. The taco rice sounds good too!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I love it :D

I have always envied friends with extended families - it seems so 'right'! :) I hope you all have a splendid time!

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
Thanks for all your ideas! That taco rice dish sounds yummy.

Yesterday my parents helped me paint my family room. And today I painted the guest bathroom. That's about all of the big "household" projects that need to get done before December. Now onto the fun stuff.....cooking, baking and decorating!

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oh what fun your going to have, isn't the Christmas planner wonderful when things like this come up?
I am so jealous! I would love to have a lot of family come see me during the holidays.
Have a wonderful time with your kin.