Cinco de Mayo...Plans

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Cinco de Mayo will be here...May 5th!! Do you have any plans...a special recipe, party, going out...? How will you celebrate?

In the past we have done different things....last year we went to a local restaurant and some years we have hosted parties...I think this year we are going out again but I'm not sure...How will you celebrate?

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I've gone out in past years but don't usually plan anything in particular. It's my FIL's birthday so if we lived closer to him we'd probably spend the evening celebrating his special day.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well....we do not celebrate it as much as we do the Chinese New Years Eve....don't know why we love that so much...guess cause its far enough after Christmas to have some fun and yet still winter and sort of blah so it cheers us up.

I imagine we will go out for Cinco de Mayo....too hectic right now to plan a party!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What is the meaning behind this day? We do not celebrate it in Australia and it would be interesting to find out what it is about.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
It is a holiday in Mexico....but actually is not celebrated widely in Mexico but just in some isolated areas ...its more a regional celebration than the whole country from what I understand.....however of course in the USA...we have adopted it as our own....and many Mexican Restaurants etc celebrate it with specials etc etc...

Here's the link to a short explanation on MHH homepage....and a recipe...I need to add more Cinco de Mayo stuff.....but alas...never enough time to do all I want...

http://magicalholidayhome.com/?page_id=78

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Gingerbug...it is always interesting to find out about other celebrations.