Crafters Challenge April 13th-April 19th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Seems there was some crafting done last week.

Today is my nieces party. Hoping to get maybe a skirt and shirt done but will see!!!!!

Need to start on my CIJ ornaments!

What are your plans for this week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I cut the fabric and hemmed the sides from a checkered tablecloth I bought to make Christmas curtains. not quite sure how to hang them up as my curtain pole holders are not at the ends of the pole and wanted a simple way to hand ... the current curtains in the LR have rings in them but I don't want to make these. hmmm. saw today some rings with clips... that would work. Need to go see how much these cost and then I'll need to shorten it because it will be too long.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Brrrrr...it's cold today! Temp dropped 20 degrees between time I got up and when I got to work!!!

I am 99% finished with the two felt bunny masks from last week's challenge - all that is left is to add the elastic band - should be quick tonight.

My plans this week are to continue working on felt ornament (little girl in cute scarf/coat) and to buy supplies for a new project for space themed room for DS.

I purchased a fairly pricey bedding set from Land of Nod that is a solar system theme - and SO cute - but I just couldn't spring for both of the decorative pillows too. I bought one of them - a round shape that looks like a planet - but decided to "hack" the other one.

So I am going to buy a pillow form and some material and sew a cute cover that will have an embroidered design. The design will be a rocket shape in the center surrounded by numbers, counting down from 10 to 1 and then the words blast off!

Here is the original:

http://www.landofnod.com/blast-off-throw-pillow-includes-cover-and-insert/s671819

Hope to purchase all supplies early this week and get a start on the project this week at least.

I have several more decorative type projects planned for his room and want to keep making steady progress.

My hope is that I'll have them all done by the time we are ready to move home.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ your crafts are always awesome! the bunny masks were cute and I'm sure your son will love the space-themed room.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you, luludou! :)

My only progress report is the purchase of supplies. I got the fabric and pillow form and embroidery floss needed for the pillow, now just need to get to work!

I also picked up a darker blue floor rug for another project for the space room! I'm planning to do a project like this one:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_v9Gkk3mKNGM/S7NIKuOmoEI/AAAAAAAAAek/tS1beURIwtk/s1600/DSC_0005.JPG

This mom used star stencils, white fabric paint and a white fabric paint pen to make a constellation rug for her little guy's space room and I can't wait to give it a try!

Still need to get my stencils, brush and paints but plan to shop sales/use coupons at JoAnn's etc. to get supplies for the best price.

I also picked up a men's sleeveless tee in plain red to make this DIY Super Hero cape for DS:

http://thesoutherninstitute.com/2011/03/diy-superhero-cape-tutorial.html/

And then I plan to make a super hero mask out of felt to go with it:

http://thislifeasweliveit.blogspot.com/2011/11/super-hero-partythe-goods.html

Should be a quick simple project that will see plenty of play this summer! :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Everybody is busy! Good Job!

AJ very cute projects.

Carrie, good to see you posting. Your crafts sound great! And very useful!

Lucie, good job on the hemming--you will figure out something to hang them!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I put a picture of the sleeping bag on my blog.

Kristen LOVED everything and it all fit right. Told her I owed her 2 more outfits that I wanted to be sure the stuff was fitting before I made more. So I better be deciding on them.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I officially got no sewing done this week. I did work on my needlepoint project. Why did I get nothing done??... I cleaned out two closets and found TONS of UFO's (Un- Finished Objects). I found three quilts in various stages and embroidery projects in various stages.

I am banning myself from going to Michaels or JoAnn's. I have to finish what I already have. I also found lots of scrap fabric. Enough is enough!!! :)

I am hoping after Easter festivities I might find an hour on Sunday to finish up those grocery bag holders. Need to get those done for my craft sale.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
i am not doing a lot of crafting this week. I took delivery of a great lot of wool over the weekend so I spent some time rolling that into balls to make colour selection easier for the rugs. I am doing a scrappy rug at the moment just all sorts of different colours. It should turn out well.
Hopefully I will be able to get to a hobby lobby when I am away, so I will have a little list of things I might want written in my wallet, just in case I see things I like.