Crafters Challenge April 20th-April 26th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sorry my friends for the new thread not up!!!!

I am hoping to work alittle on a hat for Teigan if not complete it! Looked last Friday when off at a local store here for some white eyelet but none to be had. I do have other material so will try with it. Her head measures 15" and the pattern says newborn is 18". She is 3 months old and has grown lots so will see.

We are starting in the garden so outside ALOT more.

Happy Crafting Week!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Katrina, we have a Hobby Lobby opening in Mt. Vernon the end of May first of June! That is like 20 minutes away verus the 50-55 minute one way trip we have to do now. So excited as they do have material and patterns and so much more! Years ago both Centralia and Mt. Vernon had a Joanns but they have been closed for sometime now.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I have the grocery bag holders almost done... just need to add ties. They went together pretty quickly this past weekend. (Having no interruptions helped).

I want to work on fabric bookmarks this week and start ironing the stuff that is already done.

I put away my needlework over Easter... time to get it back out and see if I can get a flour sack towel done this week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, I need to just check the locations of stores for the towns that I am visiting. If there was a store that is a must visit, would it be Michaels, Hobby Lobby or Joannes?

Always on the lookout for new and different craft ideas

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I like all the stores. Has been awhile since I have been to Michaels. Hobby Lobby has material, patterns, yarn, all other craft items scrapbook, flowers, knick knacks, furniture. Joanns has gobs of fabrics and patterns plus yarn, scrapbook and other craft items too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well having a look at the stores the only one that is anywhere near where I will be staying is Michaels in Las Vegas. Hobby Lobby is no where near any of the towns I will be in, so problem solved. Having said that, DD is not a crafty person, and the thought of her having to go into any craft store will not thrill her at all. I often wonder if she was adopted.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I had Jaymee pick out the material for Teigans hat, while she was here yesterday. I got the material washed so now need to get it ironed and made. As I said we measured her head at 15" and the pattern said a newborn is 18" and small 18 1/2". Not sure what size I will do.

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
HI EVERYONE!!!!! It's been a really long time but I'm still crafting!!
this past week I have sold/made quite a few things for gifts; a zigzag baby blanket in navy/light blue/white, a multi colored baby blanket (raised shell) in baby multi, a softball headband & a black/grey/white scarf.

I am just starting to plan things to make for the craft show in November and trying to get things listed on my Etsy site while maintaining my avon site. Oh & I found a church, my denomination - Methodist, that welcomes all disabled people!!!!!! they love my autistic son & he had his own sunday school class of which he's the youngest at 16.

Happy Crafting!!
Tina

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Tina nice to see you again. How nice that you found a place where your son fits in and is well accepted :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Finshed up my swap items.