Crafters Challenge April 26th-May 2nd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Another month almost done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just have the same ole same ole on my list this week. Baby burp rags and washcloths.

Hem 3 shirts and a pair of shorts for a quy.

Work on CIJ Swap ornaments.

What are your plans?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yesterday I made my 1st mixed-media cardboard... and it turned out really good :) Did sew the marchine part of my felt ornaments too.

Might try another mixed-media cardboard and work on my ornaments too.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Hi All!

Turns out the little sweater I made for DGD fits perfectly. She tells me the leprechauns keep unbuttoning it though. I guess when we go visit her in June, I will need to stitch the buttonholes up a little bit tighter.

This week’s challenge:

• *Craftermath Control
    *Christmas CCS motifs
    *Machine embroidery design for Mother’s Day card
    *Finish Mother’s Day cards
    *Recipe pot holders (hoping to finish as Mother’s Day gifts to DSisILs ... 2 are done, but I need 2 more)
    *Bear Paw pillow shams (start hand quilting)
    *Bear Paw king size quilt (sandwich and start hand quilting)
    *Knit red doily (round dish cloth pattern … want to make at least one more)
    *Knit socks for DSonIL

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good to see posters!!!!!

Yesterday I hemmed the 3 t-shirts for my bosses hubby and 1 pair of shorts.

I sewed and turned 6 wash cloths and 2 burp rags. Will have to iron and then close and top stitch them. Will do her 7 of each---I think.

Need to work on 2 washer necklaces and get them sent out for later in the month birthdays.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got a post up of my mixed-media art. I think I might do that on the last painting I did and do not like.. hummmm...

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Last night I finished the 7 washcloths and 7 burp rags for the shower that is May 9th. This a.m. I have the pages sewn together for a cloth book for it also. I just have to top stitch them and put the 3 pages together.

Hoping to finish that up tonight.

Lucie, will have to check it out.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Hi All!

Lucie ~ Very nice work! That looks like it would be very fun to do.

Got the RV all cleaned at the lake, packed up and headed home. I did some CCS this morning while at the lake and then knit a dish cloth in the car on the way home.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks! Lana don't know why Google did that :(

Been working on assembling my felt popsicles. Doing the hand-embroidery to close the sides.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I did 3 pee pee tepees last night and finished the cloth book. The book pages are a smidgen off but.......

DD, that sounds so nice to be by a lake and crafting!!!! A lot of people like beaches but I would take a lake, wood setting anytime!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Unfortunately our lake place is not in the woods. We are going on an RV "camping" trip (I struggle calling our travel trailer "camping" but we sure love it) on the beach in a woodsey setting for a week after Mother's Day.

Well, it's on Facebook, so I guess I can announce that DD#1 is PG! Baby due in November. So I'm brainstorming an idea for an Advent project for new baby. I made a set of Advent pockets for DGD, and I give her one more pocket every Christmas. At some point, I'll probably just give her "the rest", but for now it's something for her to look forward to every year. So I want to continue the tradition with the new baby. All of DGDs are done, so I just have to give it to her each year, not worry about making the next one.

I've got two recipe potholders ready to finish the binding on, then they will be ready to mail for Mother's Day gifts for DBro and Sis ILs.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You have all been incredibly busy. I am sad to say that I have done no crafty at all for the past few weeks.
Will get together with my mum on Tuesday and make a list of what needs to be done and get moving.
Christmas will not wait for me to be ready!!!!