Crafters Challenge April 6th-April12th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, looks like Jody was SUPER CRAFTY last week.

I did make a new checkbook cover and got a scarf done for the 18" doll. Dress is cut out but not made.

Hoping to do a few more things for the 18" doll this week because I believe her party is next weekend. (bday is the 10th)

What are your plans on crafting this week?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I made 2 Easter cards this afternoon. Found an old kit of dd's to make 2 Gingerbread dolls, .. in fact they are already made just need decorating.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
weather is getting much cooler here now so I am feeling much more inclined to get a few things done. The ever present crocheting is in my basket by the couch. I would also at some stage like to start knitting a bright pink lace edge to put on pillow cases for a little christmas gift.
Will probably not get too much done before the trip but we will see.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I figured out (via pinterest) how to make an 18" doll backpack for my after school club on Thursday.

I would love to start getting patterns cut and ready for sewing on the busy book pages for dgds.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I just posted a picture of the scarf, checkbook cover and then the dress I made yesterday.

Jody, bet they will enjoy the backpack. I also need to start on a quiet book. With all the ideals could do a few. No problem just need the TIME!!!

Lucie, homemade cards are so pretty. The dolls sound cute!

Katrinia, it is so much easier to craft (sometimes) in cooler weather. With spring coming it will be outside time.

Jampss, dishcloths always come in handy!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm still working on my little felt ornament projects...have almost finished the second little girl in a muff. Another night's work should do it!

I've also made a start on the next design of ornament - cutting pattern, tracing onto fusible webbing, cutting those pieces out and ironing them down on the various colors of felt.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Great work on the sleeping bag/pillow - Lana! I do know that feeling of having projects not turn out quite as hoped! Hopefully you can tweak or redo like you said?

Second little girl felt ornament is 99.9% finished - have 5 minutes of stitching left tops.

I also completed a project for DS space themed room (once we finally get to move that is) and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I covered cardboard letters with quilt batting and space themed materials - they spell out his name. Eventually they will be part of the wall decor is his new room.

I'll post a picture soon!

Next project planned are felt bunny masks. At least one for DS and one for his cousin that will be part of our planned egg hunt...

http://sugarmamassweetbowtique.blogspot.ca/2013/03/How-To-Make-A-Cute-Bunny-Mask.html

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I had to take the week off from sewing... we had an inspection by our landlord. That was stressful.

I am hoping to do some a little bit of sewing today if all works out. I did get tons of sewing done last Sunday. (posted a pic of it on my blog). I have more to finish so hoping my "sewing Sunday" stays intact.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cmerth, I hope that now the inspection is over you can get some more craft done.