Crafters Challenge August 17th-23rd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Kringle can't wait to see pictures of what you make. I'm a pretty basic sewer too so I'm interested in what you will do.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Last night while starting to clean in craft room I ran across a sack of flowers that I had drying, so I made 2 ornaments. They were from my sons friend mom who died a yr. ago in May so made him and his brother one. She only had 2 flowers on her grave so the purple dried good and then I took some ribbon from the flower and used it for the hangers. Inside glass balls. Normally I shrink a picture of the person and put 5 or 6 of them thru the ornament and also put a picture on the tie but didn't this time.

Their dad died less than 6 months after that but I didn't get any flowers from him. Cold weather I think and they were dead before I could get there. The oldest boy is now 27 and Mikey is 25. So young to be without parents.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I took a picture of one of the sets of zipper bags that I am making. The largest is 8 1/2" x 5", middle size is 6" x 4 1/2" and the small is 4 1/2" x 3".

They are taking a lot longer to make than I had planned, but I already have the fabric cut, so I feel like I have to finish them....
(Sorry the image is so large - I could only get this or really small.)

Lana, the ornament sounds really nice. I'm sure the two sons will be happy to have that.

Welcome Kringle!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Love the bags!!! :)

I did a small amount of embroidery last night. Finished one of the three space themed felt "pictures" and made a start on the next one.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Thank you for the welcome.

Lana, the ornaments sound lovely. I'm sure they'll be cherished.

Carol, I really like those bags. The sizes are perfect for tucking in your luggage or handbag.

I have sick little ones and a Dr appt for my mom today but I'm hoping to get some material cut out and maybe pieced together. I need to run to the craft store when I'm out to pick up seed beads and green felt. Where does one purchase dried lavender? Would they have it there?

hagd!

Chris

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have so many UFOs at the moment, but am concentrating on the spring cleaning. Really need to put all the ideas in my Christmas binder and get started, or finished as the case may be.