Crafter's Challenge December 10th---December 16th, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
IMG_9635.jpeg

I finished DD’s doily.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I've got 3 coasters done and one more to do. Easy pattern, if I remember how to do the particular bobble stitch they use. I can always watch the video that accompanied the pattern. And, I have a little more yarn left to finish DD's scarf. If push comes to shove, I can always finish it off at the end of the row and be done with it, as it's long enough. But I'd rather not have a small pile of yarn left over that I won't use for anything else. Already thinking ahead to my January project -- a shawl kit I picked up at the August "yarn crawl" and haven't started.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am not 100% happy with the edge on the face washer. I might undo it and think of something else.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Love seeing the pics!

Rose ~ That's an early Christmas! I'm glad ours will be late this year.

I keep plugging away at the UFO BOM quilt. I keep thinking I'm so close to finishing it, but there's always one more thing ... I had to do some frogging, and I'm just a little past where I had to take it out. One more block to quilt, add that row to the others, quilt down the sashings (decorative stitch on my domestic machine), bind, DONE!

And I still need to make the cuddle throw for Sonja, but we're not going to have our Christmas with them till Sunday after Christmas (the 6th Day of Christmas, I believe). I hope I don't leave it so long that I feel rushed though.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Diedra, I love everything about this photo. The look of concentration, the mug that says 'naughty' and that enormous grinch in the back ground. Wishing Vanessa a great Christmas.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ You always finish so early! Good job!

I only have a couple of quick things to finish up but keep putting them off. Instead, I finished a table topper/runner which is something for myself. It didn't take long to finish (just needed binding), and I wanted something to take for show-and-tell at Stitched Together tomorrow.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
So DD informed me that she's going to miss crochet class tomorrow ... so that means that I can finish her scarf while at class!!! Yay!!!! I have not had any time to work on it this week, so I'll enjoy having uninterrupted time to complete it. Will post a pic once it's done.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Loving the Missouri Star Quilt Christmas box this year! It is my 3rd year. I can't the people that get items done up in 2 or so days after opening item.
I'd love to see what you've received!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Loving the Missouri Star Quilt Christmas box this year! It is my 3rd year. I can't the people that get items done up in 2 or so days after opening item.
Is it a quilt where you get a section to sew together each day and at the end of the countdown you sew the sections together to make a quilt or some other type that f box?
There is a quilt shop here in my province that does that kind of count down.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Almost finished cutting out the other 1/2 of the quilt.
Still waiting on the rest of my fabric order. Sent them an email letting them know, they never responded. Thank goodness my cousin has a sense of humor.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Is it a quilt where you get a section to sew together each day and at the end of the countdown you sew the sections together to make a quilt or some other type that f box?
There is a quilt shop here in my province that does that kind of count down.
No, it is a box of different sewing items. Such has patterns, charm packs, silicone iron mat, set of 4 saucers with quilt designs, etc.. This is the 3rd year I have gotten the box. Must say each year is better. In past have gotten the metal water cups with sewing information on it, jars of buttons, etc. The wrapping paper used for packaging is pretty. Some people have used it to put in their phone case for a Christmas design.

Reactions: jampss and halimer