Crafters Challenge Feb. 2nd - Feb. 8th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
:welcome: To a new month!!!!

If the weather is to be the worse this month maybe we can all get a lot of crafting or decluttering done!!! It is a GREAT thought if nothing else!

I am not sure what is on the agenda this week.

I have 5 or 6 skeins of yarn I think so would like to get the scarfs all done up. Not sure what I will do with them but.....

Then would like to try to do a dress for Teigan from a onesie where you just make the skirt for the bottom. Have seen them with a bubble skirt and just a skirt.

What are planning for this week?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm hoping to have my Christmas Ornament Swap items done by the end of the sign up time. We will see how that goes. I'll start making for those who have already signed up today so I can zone out the football game.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I've been in a crafting slump the past few weeks. I have done some knitting, but not too seriously. I'll snap out of it eventually.

Lana, the onesie sounds cute!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts!

I have been enjoying just doing dish cloths.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
No real plans here. Threw together a quick craft on Friday... had a shabby chic shadow box that was give good to me and has been unused for years. I rewrapped the inside cushion with a multi colored chevron print and pinned in some of C's artwork. Need to hang it in what is becoming the craft/play room. also need to get working on that room again now that we have his room finished. We converted his bed to a full using the one that was in the guest room. The guest room is now becoming the craft room. the table I need to move in there and a few under the bed containers to have to find a new home.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
MissBrittany, nice to get a craft room.

jampss, for gifts or yourself?

Carol, any new ideals for this years craft shows?

Diedra, I am down to a few ornaments deciding which one to do. Sure wish more would join.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
jampss, for gifts or yourself?
Some for me, some I think as gifts. Need to start the dog I put on last week's note!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have 14 scarfs done and yarn to do 6 more. Not sure what I will do with them but figure I might as well do all the yarn up and have them done.

Have did 1 this week and about 1/2 another done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am about 1/3 way through a new rug. The past couple of nights here have been cooler, so I have done some more crochet. I am working on a Christmas notebook to give to a friend for her birthday in March. I am also going to be decorating some wooden coat hangers for a friends Mother's Day craft stall.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I got drew my tree ornament and got all the fabric cut out to make 12. Now I need to go buy some more ribbon.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, I cannot believe how many scarves you are getting through. It is a phenomenal effort. The crochet phase been put away here once again, too hot to have a woolen blanket sitting on my lap.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Today I went to our new Joann store. It is about four times the size of our previous one. Got all the supplies for a quilt for my nephew's first birthday. Then I came home and started cutting and sewing a different quilt, a girly one with pinwheels.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I need to dig out my scraps of burlap and make some straw bales for my American Girl Club.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are certainly in a crafting mood at the moment. I have bought some air dry clay to make a few small trinket bowls, but I am scared that the clay will dry too quickly at the moment.