Crafters Challenge February 15th-21st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, what can I say besides nothing accomplished this week!

Had one night home before 7 and I did (along with Allen) straighten the plushy material and have it pinned to sew. Hoping after some picking up to sew it later.

On the table for this is the same.

Do blanket

Fireman cloth book

washer necklace--maybe 2 one for me

2 of the Kleenex boxes

cover for frame

scarf

What is on your table for the week?

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
yesterday I varnished the painting I had done.

I'm thinking of starting a new one today... I'm not a real painter and would need classes but I want to work with putting texture in an acrylic painting.

then I have some wool out so might crochet something

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've been making some progress on the quilt, and found some machine embroidery Easter egg holders and put them on the thumb drive, ready to go. Today, I managed to finish up moving back into the studio after the flooring project. There are still a couple of "piles" that need to be sorted, but it's pretty much under control.

I was able to enjoy a little time outside in the sunshine working on some CCS. Unfortunately, I and to frog it all this evening. Two steps forward, one back.

So, plans for this week include:

*Craftermath Control [maintenance]
*Make thank you card for ski instructor
*Machine embroidery Easter egg holders (for DGD)
*Machine embroidery prayer pocket (for DFriend/Easter)
*New knitting project (prayer shawl/more dish cloths?)
*Bear Paw king size quilt … finish stitching around appliqué bears and plan borders

*Make April Easter and BD cards with CCS motifs
*Fruit CCS motif (peaches)
*February Fairy CCS motif
*Christmas CCS motifs

Realistically, I probably won't get to all of this, but could make at least some progress on some of it. It's hard to keep my list under control. I don't want things to fall off of it and get forgotten, so I kind of keep them up in front of myself. Out-of-sight ... out-of-mind.

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, your paintings are GREAT! Wool sounds so warm. (I am in nightshirt, sweatshirt and sweatpants with houseshoes--It is 70plus in here)

DD, I admire all you get done!!!!!! You loving that new machine? Probably have both embroidering away! lol

I did start and finish Teigans fleece blanket today. Pictures on blog. It is from 4 yards of material. Should last her. She will probably untie knots. I knotted them 3 times!

Now for me to keep moving on!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my painting except for the varnish. it is not one I love.. it's supposed to be the ocean but looks more abstract. will decide if I get rid of it or not... the texture thing didn't work out.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Last night I sewed the cloth book. I just have to hand whip the closings or machine stitch them (3 pages) and then sew them together down the middle. Hand whipped would look better. Hoping to get them ironed and will take them to work and do some at lunch.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I'm still working on my baby blanket. I'm almost half way finished. I'm going to try to attach a picture. The color didn't show very well, it is a darker yellow than what is showing in the picture. But I like the pattern.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Carol, I really like that pattern.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Carol, I also really like the pattern.

The book is done. Some of the corners aren't the best but it is good. I ended up topstitching all around the pages.

So Teigans Valentines gifts are done!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Carol ~ The afghan is beautiful. It looks like the pattern is pretty much reversible, which I really like.

Lana ~ Good work on getting the Valentine gifts done.

Luludou ~ Do we get to see your painting?

I haven't really done much crafting for the past few days. I did get a bunch of fabrics out to make a cute Easter wall hanging. It will be applique, so I need to get some more heat and bond for it as well as some border and backing fabrics.

I only have six more of the applique bear blocks to stitch before I assemble all the quilt blocks. DD will need to tell me how much of a drop she wants.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Made a hooded towel this a.m.. Teigan will have 4 now so that is enough. Might have to do these for the great nieces and nephews for their birthdays. Will see.

That is 3 items this week off my paper and head list!

Carried list over to look at.
So for January 2015, I would like to do (reword--WILL DO) fAILED THAT DUE DATE BUT THEY ARE COMING ALONG!!
( XXXXX) --Finish up Teigans doll quilt--over 3/4th done XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX DONE
(XX) The pillow is done---made 1-2-15
(XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ) Teigans quilt from fireman material for her little couch. For b'day 1-25-15XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX DONE
(XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ) Teigans fuzzy quilt for her little couch and maybe a pillow. For b'day 1-25-15 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX DONE
( ) Need to do Jackson 2 pillowcases that I owe him from his Sept. b'day
(XXXXXX ) Start thinking of an item for the CIJ ornament swap. It is narrowed down to a few. XXXXXTHINK I HAVE IT
( ) Start thinking of an item for 12 Days of Christmas Swap
(xxxxxxx ) Baby sisters b'day is 1-29 so might do her some potholders and a couple hanging towels for stove (we normally don't exchange but she is divorcing and moving to a different house and I have the stuff so will see) XXXXXXXXXXXXX DIDN'T DO SHE IS STILL MOVING IN AND DECIDING STUFF
( ) Always there is patching to do that I put off
( ) 3 Beauty shop girls--start thinking of gifts to make for them
( ) Joined the Get Your Mrs. Claus On (baby bed or cradles quilts due in Sept.) so will work on them thru out the months
() Pick out material for quilts I plan to do for Christmas
( XXXXXXX) Forgot about the firemens cloth book for Teigans b'day (her dad is really dedicated to the volunteer department and works at an ambulance part time XXXXXXXXX DONE

Christmas Ideals:

Last edited: