Crafters Challenge February 8th-14th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I had this started and had to go away so I timed out.

At the end of this week, we will be half way thru another month!

This week I will do:

Teigans plushy quilt and firemans cloth book for Valentines Day

Also need to work on:

2 washer necklaces

infinity scarf

2 Kleenex box covers (like Ellen made)

a cloth organizer thingy that slips over a picture frame.

Also need to be thinking about the baby gift if I want to make or buy.

DD, the bath towels do make up so fast. For Christmas maybe 4 or 5 yrs. ago I made bath towels for the 2 nieces, nephew and a great niece and I cut the bath towels in half so had 2 different colors plus the hood was different color.

What would you all like to work on this week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I finished up the Valentine cards and an anniversary card. Now I need to get some candy to accompany the cards and get them in the mail!

I also made a couple of little embroidery hoop bulletin boards to put on the wall by my sewing machine. I had some cork boards glued to the wall there, but they were pretty much destroyed when I removed them to paint the wall.

The week's hopefuls:
*Craftermath Control [continue putting studio back together]
*Machine embroidery Easter egg holders (for DGD)
*New knitting project (prayer shawl?)
*Bear Paw king size quilt … stitch around appliqué bears
*CCS Easter card motifs (need 2 or 3 more)
*February Fairy CCS motif
*Work on picture collage

A little show-and-tell:
Embroidery hoop bulletin boards
Prayer shawl

Last edited:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Well, I managed some crafting over the weekend. In a way.

I mended a pocket on a pair of dh's trousers (had to cut off the end and sew in a nephew end - too many keys and coins in that one), and sewed on buttons to the waistbands of 3 pairs of my trousers (all replacements).

I have one more button to do, and one more pocket to repair (same one on a different trousers!).

I probably won't get those finished this week, with packing for our holidays. But I might get lucky. And my proper craft sewing plan is a tote bag for dd in fabric she chose a while back. If I get time.

I want to do a proper crafts plan for the year too, as I have loads I want to do but am very bad at making time, so I might hiave a chance if I have a proper list.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts 2015

Maybe ... I'll work on my rat scarf ...

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well!

I started this past weekend on the knitted baby blanket to put on the "gift shelf". I chose a bright sunny yellow and so far I'm loving it. When I get a little further along where the pattern is more visible, I'll post a picture.

I've tried to do some sewing projects, but for whatever reason, I'm just not feeling it right now.

I hope y'all have a great rest of the week and weekend. I'm off to google "rat scarf". I'm intrigued.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Carol ~ A sunny yellow baby blanket sounds beautiful! I should search "rat scarf" too. Maybe I wouldn't be so creeped out at the thought. DMom always hated mice, especially on Christmas cards, so she'd definitely freak out at the thought of wrapping a rat scarf around your neck. LOL

I got a couple dish cloths finished up yesterday while riding in the car, and in the evening finished a birthday CCS motif and started a small Christmas motif. I thought I'd squeeze in a few Christmas motifs along the way, since I found some small, quick-stitch ones. Oh, and just before I had to fix dinner, I stitched three more bear applique quilt blocks. And I sorted a couple more boxes of stuff for the studio. I ended up with a large box for recycle and am filling a bag with a few things for donation.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL