Crafters Challenge January 4th-10th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
:welcome: To 2015 my Crafting Friends!

This year I think I will try to think of my projects monthly, with maybe others thrown in for Christmas. Will see how that works.

So for January 2015, I would like to do (reword--WILL DO)
( ) Finish up Teigans doll quilt--over 3/4th done
(XX) The pillow is done---made 1-2-15
( ) Teigans quilt from fireman material for her little couch. For b'day 1-25-15
( ) Teigans fuzzy quilt for her little couch and maybe a pillow. For b'day 1-25-15
( ) Need to do Jackson 2 pillowcases that I owe him from his Sept. b'day
( ) Start thinking of an item for the CIJ ornament swap. It is narrowed down to a few.
( ) Start thinking of an item for 12 Days of Christmas Swap
( ) Baby sisters b'day is 1-29 so might do her some potholders and a couple hanging towels for stove (we normally don't exchange but she is divorcing and moving to a different house and I have the stuff so will see)
( ) Always there is patching to do that I put off
( ) 3 Beauty shop girls--start thinking of gifts to make for them
( ) Joined the Get Your Mrs. Claus On (baby bed or cradles quilts due in Sept.) so will work on them thru out the months
( ) Pick out material for quilts I plan to do for Christmas
( ) Forgot about the firemens cloth book for Teigans b'day (her dad is really dedicated to the volunteer department and works at an ambulance part time

Christmas Ideals:

Jaymee---Stocking done in wine theme material.

If gardening is good this year--hope to do produce for some gifts

If luffas grow might do bath baskets. The luffa sponge, soap, salts and lotions.

Am planning on quilts for my 3 great nieces and 2 great nephews. Wouldn't mind 2 nieces and nephew but they do have couple from me (material one and a fleece)

What are any of your plans for this month or year????

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Here is my list so far,
Reversible table runner in Christmas and red/white fabric,
Fabric covered button wine charms,
Knitted cushion covers,
Felt scented hearts,
Vintage fabric hearts,
Vintage fabric pillow cases,
Knitted edge pillow cases,
Christmas tree appliquéd tea towels,
Air clay bowls,
And as always my crocheted rugs.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I have a master list for the year broken down into months with birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays which really helps me focus on the upcoming events. I try to make cards for DD's families and a few close friends, mostly with CCS motifs (time consuming), so that keeps me pretty busy. It's nice that I don't have anything at all upcoming in January, but from February through May, the calendar is pretty heavy.

This week’s challenge:
*Craftermath Control
*Penguin appliqué wall hanging Find fabric for backing (hopefully on sale).
*Felt Christmas stocking for DSonIL
*Purple prayer shawl
*Organza snowflakes to make candle wrap with
*Bear Paw king size quilt
*February cards (4 Valentine’s; 1 Anniversary)

A little show-and-tell if you're interested:
*Baby towel: http://tinyurl.com/nb4c46a

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, I am as always in awe of your list. I really do not know how you find time for it all. Looking forward to seeing everyones progress throughout the year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have just sorted of the craft cupboard. I would like to put all the supplies for upcoming projects together so I can just grab and start but also so I can see what supplies I might need.
Any ideas on how this might be done easily??

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I believe it was suggested here that UFO and supplies get put in a zip lock bag so when you are ready to sew you have everything you need.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Have just sorted of the craft cupboard. I would like to put all the supplies for upcoming projects together so I can just grab and start but also so I can see what supplies I might need.
Any ideas on how this might be done easily??

I try to keep a project's supplies together. It varies how I do it depending on the size of the craft. I find that for CCS, I just put the charts in a stack. When I gather all the thread I need before I'm ready to start on it, if I need one of the colors of thread in the meantime, I can't find it, and often end up purchasing another skein. I use zip-lock bags for smaller projects, and I collect shoe boxes for larger projects. What I really like are the clear shoe-box-sized storage containers. They stack nicely on my shelving and I can see what's in them. I also keep a list of projects on the computer to jog my memory when I want to make something for a gift or other event. I also have a large box that I put my zip-loc grouped projects in.

If you have a pattern or supply list to put with the project, you could just highlight any items you need to buy.

It looks like you have quite a variety of crafts. It might be, like me, that all the projects don't fit in the same size container.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks for the suggestions on project storage. I am thinking that if I can put all the supplies in one place then I don't have to race out and buy more supplies because I cannot find something.
Never thought of zip lock bags, DUH, but also like the idea of the clear shoe boxes for bigger crafts.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Finished the binding on Teigans doll quilt last night but I am not happy with it. Alittle crooked in a place or two. Will take with me to work and rip it out at lunch time.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
You guys are rockin'!

No crafting here...things are FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY entering the home stretch on the house. Hoping to move at the end of this month if we can get all the work done!

I will take a break from actual crafting until we are moved home. I'm looking forward to setting up my craft room like you would not believe!

DH got me a Cricut Explore for Christmas this year and I haven't been able to take it out of the box yet - no where to put it!

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
I have to start a baby gift this week. I'm make a piece of fused glass with a giraffe theme. Shower is on the 18th so this weekend is the latest to get'erdone.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
WTG everyone!

Have not started anything yet either... just finished getting Christmas put away.

AJ - yay for you!!! it has taken a long time for you to get back to your house. I'm sure you'll be happy when it's done :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

The towel is in the mail! So I've been experimenting with a candle wrap idea. I used some glittery organza trimmed with ribbon to make the wrap. It's pretty the way it is, but I also made an organza snowflake that I may adhere to it. I'm not sure yet. Then I purchased a small vase for another candle idea. I mod-podged a pretty napkin to the inside of the vase and will set a timer-pillar inside of it. I just wanted some new décor, since the house seems a little barren without Christmas in every nook and cranny, and I love the timer-candles that automatically put a little glow on the table or in a corner. They do wear down batteries, though, but I have some re-chargeable batteries I'm trying out.

I've been taking two steps forward and one back (or maybe the other way around) as far as craftermath control goes. As soon as I make a little progress, I start another project which makes a bigger mess. I cleaned up most of the candle/machine embroidery/mod podge paraphernalia this afternoon.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hey everyone!! I've missed you all, I haven't posted in a while, but have stopped in occasionally to see what y'all have been up to. I haven't been feeling too creative lately, I think the pre-holiday rush wore me out. I am currently knitting an infinity scarf from a really pretty blue yarn. It's going rather fast, so maybe I'll have it finished while it is still cold out and can wear it.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm making some good progress on the felt stocking. I'm hoping to finish it up today. I need to finish the name which I'm going to try doing with the embroidery machine.

I also got a bit of a start on a CCS motif to use for an anniversary card in February.
-------------------------------------------

Edited to add: Both DONE!

Show-and-tell:
Decoupage candle holder
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/Dahlia_Doll/Miscellaneous%20crafts/IMG_0316_zps5912cc20.jpg

Felt Christmas stocking:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/Dahlia_Doll/Sewing/IMG_0333_zps5400d1f6.jpg

Last edited: