Crafters Challenge July 22nd-July 28th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello to all!

Another week is upon us!

I have actually worked on my swap ornaments that have to be in PA by Saturday.

Not sure what this week will bring on crafting.

What are you all up to?

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sorry saw where I started this weeks under last week! :(

Miss JoDee, that is nice you are helping her and she can hopefully get it all done before leaving. Are they visisting?

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I finished a fleece blanket for DGS's first birthday, Christmas Ornaments and bookmarks out of DFIL's neckties -- so now I have to look at what I have to do in my craft bins and make a plan for the week. I deliver one of the Christmas memory board I finished on Wednesday, so that will clear out more room.

I have pine cones to wash and dry before I can spray paint them. That should be an easy task to do today. And, I think I will finish assembling my HGP binder for 2012, that should give me ideas about what to do!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
After about 3 weeks of falling off the crafting bandwagon (due to successive illnesses for all our immediate family) I am finally attempting to climb back on and get something DONE!

I completed a couple of braided headbands - recovering dollar store plastic headbands with repurposed fabric courtesy of my hot glue gun.

See tutorial here:

http://alisaburke.blogspot.com/2011/01/braided-headbands.html

I also made a start towards a different style of headband that calls for T-shirt yarn. Cut the strips cut from a black T shirt I never wore because the fit was off. Now I just need to make the headband!

I've given up on the felt monkey ornament for now. For some reason I just have a mental block where the little thing is concerned! I am giving myself permission to work on other things and just come back to it later!!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I finally finished the scarf I had been working on and will be starting another new project or two today...can't do much besides knitting and crocheting while I'm away - no real other crafting...

But at least I'll be doing something constructive....

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished a headband made from t-shirt yarn

Also redid the cover of a standard memo pad with pretty scrapbook papers. Did inside the covers too and added a pocket in the back.

All that extra paper made the memo pad not close quite right anymore, so I cut a length of stretchy black stuff (saved from the waistband of a pair of exercise pants - they stay up fine without the tie band and they were just getting in my way) and sewed the ends together to make a band.

This can slip over the book and hold the pages closed. I hid the place where I sewed the ends together by hot-gluing on an arrangement of fabric flower petals in colors that coordinated with the papers. Looks really cute!!!

Into the gift closet they go!!! :)

I'm hoping to take advantage of a back to school sale to get a nice pen or set of pens to go with the memo pad gift.

Can you believe it is almost August??? I have so many more crafts I want to do and I'm running out of time!!! Must get busy!!!